Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settlement conf and trial management conf

Guys,
    Please advise if I can get settlement/trial management transcript ?

So far I know there is no case conf transcript/ or recording.

my ex changing her story again, after she gave consent on trial management and I need to order transcript for the same.

Thanks

Originally posted by fakemarriage View Post
    Guys,

my ex changing her story again, after she gave consent on trial management and I need to order transcript for the same.

Thanks
    1. Visit this website: https://www.courttranscriptontario.ca/home/home
    2. Find a transcriptionist
    3. Fill out the form
    4. Call the transcriptionist, find out their availability, and email them the form.

You will pay them once it is ready, and they will mail it to you.

You can't use discussions at settlement conference against your ex. Trail management conference, maybe, I'm not 100% sure.

What exactly did they consent to at the trial management conference? Did they sign a consent? THey really didn't consent unless they signed something. Perhaps you can bring up what they said in court and mention they changed their mind despite their assurances before your honour..

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
      1. Visit this website: https://www.courttranscriptontario.ca/home/home
      2. Find a transcriptionist
      3. Fill out the form
      4. Call the transcriptionist, find out their availability, and email them the form.

You will pay them once it is ready, and they will mail it to you.

You can't use discussions at settlement conference against your ex. Trail management conference, maybe, I'm not 100% sure.

What exactly did they consent to at the trial management conference? Did they sign a consent? THey really didn't consent unless they signed something. Perhaps you can bring up what they said in court and mention they changed their mind despite their assurances before your honour..

As far as im aware unless your self rep and the court appoints a recorder its the lawyers duties to takes notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

perhaps it is different here in the Toronto area then. There is always someone recording a voice audio of the court proceedings. Then you hire a transcriptional who gets a copy of the recording and types everything out.

I have gotten transcriptions before.

Comment

Thanks Trinton for your reply.
          Bascially on Trial management conf, opposite lawyer confirmed to Judge in Brampton court that she will return few valuable and my wedding ring back to me.

and now she's taking 180 degree turn, saying it was never said in the court.

her old lawyer has been fired, and she got new lawyer now.

that's why I need to get trial management transcript to nail her more lies

Comment

I got the recording of mine:

http://www.ontariocourts.ca/en/forms...Access-DRD.pdf

Comment

Thanks Trinton for your reply.
              Bascially on Trial management conf, opposite lawyer confirmed to Judge in Brampton court that she will return few valuable and my wedding ring back to me.

and now she's taking 180 degree turn, saying it was never said in the court.

her old lawyer has been fired, and she got new lawyer now.

that's why I need to get trial management transcript to nail her more lies
              lawyer . pronounced luuuhhyerrrr cough liar cough.

again, I'm not sure about trial management. she could just say the lawyer said that without her instruction.

why the hell would she take your wedding ring anyways? That belongs to you. What a *&#$%.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks
                It is all a waste of time really. You can't use any of the material from a CC or SC in a motion or a trial. The only thing that can be used are the resulting endorsements. Nothing said in the SC / CC can be part of the continuing record.

See FLR 17.(24) etc...

(23) No brief or evidence prepared for a settlement conference and no statement made at a settlement conference shall be disclosed to any other judge, except in,

(a) an agreement reached at a settlement conference; or

(b) an order. O. Reg. 114/99, r. 17 (23).
                There may be some value in planning but, you can't use the material in any relevant way in a motion or at trial.

Good Luck!
                Tayken

Comment

$22 is all it costs? Is that just for a recording or is it typed up as well? How much does it cost to have it typed up?

Comment

While this may change by jurisdiction, in Ottawa settlement conferences are only recorded if one party is a self-rep.

Things said in a conference are not under oath - so, generally speaking, they don't matter. Tayken's advice ought to be heeded.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X