Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obtraining court's voice recordnings

Quick question,

does any one know the process of obtaining the court's voice recordings?
    also can case conference recordings be obtained?

Thanks

Originally posted by sahibjee View Post
    Quick question,

does any one know the process of obtaining the court's voice recordings?
    also can case conference recordings be obtained?

Thanks
    Search WorkingDad's threads he posted how to do it.

Comment

By recording you mean court transcripts? From what I know, you gotta go to court and fill a form and submit that with some initial deposit . You will have to give the date of the proceedings, the judge name if U remember and what date u need it by. The reporter will then call and confirm the payment amount for u and then u will hear back again when the transcript is ready.

Comment

Really? I need to do this. I wonder what they cost. Ill research WorkingDad's threads. This guy knows his stuff. A bit of a legend here.

Comment

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...42/#post144068

I am not a legend - just as unfortunate to have to deal with craziness as most people who end up here ...

Comment

Craziness is right. Seen our little girl 6 hours in 4 months. Did absolutely nothing wrong. No police, clean record, etc. Just came home one day and my life was turned upside down. Now I eat, sleep and breathe this until I can get my baby girl back in my life.

Do you know what the form's called for the transcripts? FLIC doesn't seem to helpful when Im there. I tried clicking the "more" button but says page not found.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
              Craziness is right. Seen our little girl 6 hours in 4 months. Did absolutely nothing wrong. No police, clean record, etc. Just came home one day and my life was turned upside down. Now I eat, sleep and breathe this until I can get my baby girl back in my life.

Do you know what the form's called for the transcripts? FLIC doesn't seem to helpful when Im there. I tried clicking the "more" button but says page not found.

Thanks
              that was not that hard to find it.
              Policy on the Release of Digital Court Recordings

Note: it's not transcripts. Transcripts is different animal. Much more expensive ...
              Last edited by WorkingDAD; 06-12-2014, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Transcripts are typed out copy of whatever was said in the court room. It is expensive depending on how many pages there are. It's something that can be used in court against or in favor of a party without worrying that the transcript is correct or not. The court reporter who was sitting at the proceedings is the one who types it out. You cannot photocopy it and use it in court. If u need to use it then order three copies of the transcript. One for judge, u and other party. The first copy is the most expensive and then the others are cheaper. Maybe ask the clerk sitting where you file your papers . There should be a transcript office in the court for this.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                  I am not a legend - just as unfortunate to have to deal with craziness as most people who end up here ...
                  A quick and easy lesson for those who have been discussing the related matter in previous posts... How to be humble.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                    that was not that hard to find it.
                    Policy on the Release of Digital Court Recordings

Note: it's not transcripts. Transcripts is different animal. Much more expensive ...
                    hats off to you sir, thanks a lot, much appreciated.

as per the link i cannot get the copy i was looking for because it was case conference and the link says

"Restrictions on Access to Digital Recordings from DRDs:.......

case, settlement and trial management conferences pursuant to rule 17 of the Family Law Rules."

I needed one from a case conference :S
                    Last edited by sahibjee; 06-13-2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Case conferences are privileged and we cannot talk about it or get the transcripts. In the event that for whatever reason you do have to have to have the transcript you would require a court order.

Comment

Anyone heard of lawyer called chuck easton from calgary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X