This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judges chambers/special chambers??

This was mentioned to me this morning is this a more effective process for an interim order? Does anyone know what proceeds after special chambers? Being as my stbx is claiming he's poor and can only afford pennies and buttons my lawyer wants judges chambers/ special chambers.....
    Thanks

Your lawyer is correct. Less formal situation and opposing counsel can't pull any stunts. Cuts to the chase so to speak.

I would be very pleased by this.

Judges chambers is usually just the two counsel
    Special session is like a 4-way with judge present.

Either eliminates attendance of new spouses or anyone other than the Applicant and Respondent and their counsel. Very good move.

Comment

Thanks For helping me clear that up! See I'm serious sometimes I just don't come across that way, I'm not good with the mind games (or the mind) haha that's why I hired a lawyer I'm really hopeful this will help to quickly resolve some bs especially after the last ridiculous bullshit his lawyer sent! My lawyer was annoyed too. i will just be so happy if he gets put in his place, however he is do narcissistic he would argue with a fence post.

Comment

Once it gets to the judge's/special sessions a high conflict lawyer usually has to toe the line. You don't get to dick around changing dates. IF the opposing counsel doesn't want to look like an absolute asshole he will attend with the information you have requested. If he doesn't have the information then your lawyer has an excellent case (with a high probability of success) in getting income imputed. As it is merely an interim order I hope your lawyer knows to request a significantly higher amount for support than your ex makes. This then serves as an incentive for your ex to get his shit together and submit the required documents. It is not unusual for judges to determine imputed income to be 40 - 50 k higher than actual income. It is an excellent incentive for your ex to be cooperative. He will cry like a baby and say he is broke. MEP doesn't give a shit. He pays or loses his license. His choice.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X