Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no doubt...

that it's been brought up before.
    In fact, I see a member talking about a simlar experience.

But in the not too distant past my ex's bf (and father of her second and soon to be third child), has told my boy that "You're DAD doesn't love you".

Just looking for some reaction to this.
    Is this CAS thing, or a Court thing?

How do I use this development to further my cause?
    Any ideas?

I don't think there is really much of anything you can do in my experience. Just reassure your child that you do in fact love them and focus on the quality of time that you spend with your son.
    I've been dealing with similar stuff and the lawyer will send a letter to your x's lawyer saying you shouldn't talk like that, but nothing really happens.
    Just document everything that happens in case you go to trial.

Comment

Agreed. Unless you find that it is truly causing your son distress, and is harming your relationship, there's not much you can do about it.

Your son came to you with this (is that right?), so that's a good sign that he knows what's what.

Comment

As others have said, there's nothing legally you can do about it. No law against being an asshole.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
          Your son came to you with this (is that right?), so that's a good sign that he knows what's what.
          Yes he did, shame a 5 year old has to question it to his DAD. He didn't actually really come to me with it, so much as break down in tears when he saw me next.

Originally posted by iceberg View Post
          1) I will contact the court to include a clause into our agreement that parents (or anyone else in our households) are not allowed to talk negative in front of or to the child about the other parent.
          Not sure this would mean anything. Seems she can withold access contrary to Court Order. Why would a clause to talk nice be followed?

Comment

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
            Not sure this would mean anything. Seems she can withold access contrary to Court Order. Why would a clause to talk nice be followed?
            It basically means nothing. I have a clause in my custody agreement that states that we are not allowed to discuss adult issues with or in front of the children. X and his gf break this constantly and there really isn't much I can do.
            My lawyer can send his lawyer a letter saying please ask your client not to discuss adult issues blah blah blah and his lawyer comes back with a my client didnt do that blah blah...waste of time and money with no results

Comment

Iceberg..good luck with your clause to prohibit adults from talking negative in front of the kids. You should read The Constitution Act - Section 2 (b). Like I said earlier, there's no law against being an ass. In wretchedotis' case, the Ex's boyfriend can say anything he wants, as long as it is not a threat. Him saying that "You're DAD doesn't love you." is ignorant to say the least, but there is SFA that can be done about it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X