trial decision for trivial problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trial decision for trivial problem

Judge plays referee in dispute over pair of Edmonton Oilers season tickets - Edmonton - CBC News

Rich people problems. What I would give to have such a trivial problem. I would gladly give up tickets to never have to deal with ex or go to court. I cannot even imagine fighting over something so dumb.

I'm confused... they separated in 2015... so season tickets not have to be purchased every year? With the previous season ticket holders given first dibs on if they want the tickets or not?

If the husband purchased the tickets for the 2017/2018 season why would the wife be entitled to any of it seeing as they separated in 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

People rarely give up their tickets. Season tickets are the same seats, year after year... kind of an exclusive membership of sorts for hockey fanatics. My parents had season tickets to opera and symphony... same seats for decades. I remember going with my mother one time and, sure enough, all the same people sitting around us.

Good seats are very expensive... so are box seats (we're talking thousands of dollars every year). People argue bout the darndest things - time-shares, annual campground spot.

I think the judge's decision was appropriate.

Comment

Tickets were in his name.....he buys them.....just bloody, greedy entitlement.....my ex tried the same thing....for the $15k/mo he pays her (same as I pay), she can buy her own bloody tickets.

Comment

What makes you think she can buy her own season tickets? Same seating section? The two of them could take out an advertisement and offer to buy someone else's tickets in same or better section. I don't even know if you can do that.. you might have to buy them through the Oilers organization.

I don't think it's a matter of money. Season tickets, in good seats, are not readily available as far as I know. Irrelevant who physically paid for them during the marriage - the judge noted that they both are avid hockey fans and both attended the games.

Comment

Actually there is a "registry" (waiting list for season tickets) that answers most questions:

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/tickets/season-seat-registry

And for those of you who have no idea of the cost of 2 season tickets check this out (I believe this is just for the season and NO playoff games):

https://www.stubhub.com/edmonton-oil...id=chAFF-_-geo
            Last edited by arabian; 09-30-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
              What makes you think she can buy her own season tickets? Same seating section? The two of them could take out an advertisement and offer to buy someone else's tickets in same or better section. I don't even know if you can do that.. you might have to buy them through the Oilers organization.

I don't think it's a matter of money. Season tickets, in good seats, are not readily available as far as I know. Irrelevant who physically paid for them during the marriage - the judge noted that they both are avid hockey fans and both attended the games.

My thing is they divorced years ago so who paid for the tickets? If he paid for the tickets why would she get to go on his dime years after the divorce? If anything they should split the cost of the tickets every year if they both want to share the benefits. But seriously at $15k a month I would be looking for my own tickets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IF they were married it matters little on who cut the cheque for the tickets.... perhaps she attended more games than he did.

This is no different than a membership at a private golf course PURCHASED DURING THE MARRIAGE. Golf course memberships require that annual dues are paid (typically 6k or more). This is no different.

Until such time as either can purchase their own season tickets, it makes sense that that they share what they have. Husband was a dick-head (should have given the ex some tickets) and now he is going to pay for it is all. If he was reasonable he would have simply given her half of the tickets (including 1/2 playoff games) and given her a bill for her 1/2.

Comment

This is no different than a membership at a private golf course PURCHASED DURING THE MARRIAGE.
                  This is an issue that differs between the provinces.

In Ontario, property belongs to the person who purchased it (if there is no title). The value of the property owned at separation is subject to division, but not the property itself.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X