Defeating an unfair and biased OCL report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defeating an unfair and biased OCL report

hello, I'm a father of a 8 years old girl and a 2 years old boy, I'm separated from my ex since Nov.2012, she took the kids away from me at that time with no reason or explanation, she carefully planed this ahead of time calling the police 2 times in the summer of 2012 with no reasons just to build her case against me. I proposed her many alternative options in order to get a separation agreement, she refused everything. It appears that she was advised to flee with the kids to a shelter in order to create a status quo situation which most judges don't want to change. After she fled she refused access to the kids, I filled for an emergency motion in December 2012, just before Christmas, and the judge gave me access every Saturdays ans Sundays, and judge asked OCL to start an investigation. OCL finished their investigation in September 2013 and this investigation was conducted improperly, unfair and biased, in mother's favor, they recommend sole custody for mother and father just access. They didn't provide any motivation for their recommendations saying just the parents don't communicate each other making a joint decission complicated for children, but is my ex who doesn't communicate knowing that the judge most likely will award her sole custody. Now, my case conference is coming next month and I need an advise on what's best to attack OCL report considering that I'm representing my self now, I let my lawyer go back in October because she doesn't want to fight that report. I consider that report totally unfair and they didn't consider my concerns regarding parental alienation to my daughter from her mother and grandmother side. I kept notes for every single day my daughter was alienated and these were not taken in consideration by the OCL investigator, in my affidavit I'm requesting joint custody 50/50 of time. Please need an advise from you of how to defeat this OCL report. Thank you.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk

What did the OCL report recommend for access time? If it's alienation you are worried about, then access time, not who picks the school and takes to doctor visits, is your primary concern.

Comment

OCL recommended sole custody to mother and increasing access to father, adding more nights, every 6 months, until full access standard schedule will be reached: every Wednesday night and every other weekend from Friday evening 'till Monday morning. Another recommendation is for father to attend parenting counseling sessions, but I believe this is came at my ex advise at the disclosure meeting which unfair and biased. I'm looking for cross-examination the OCL investigator as there are too many inaccuracies and deficiencies in her report, I would appreciate any input in this regard please. A case conference is scheduled next month, can I ask the judge to hold on the custody order until trial and concentrate on cross-examination of all witnesses? My concerns are that my ex will continue to alienate the kids and making false allegations against me to police and CAS.

Comment

"full access standard schedule"

Now THAT's a load of BS. Full? Standard?

A warning - nothing can stop your ex from alienating your kids.

To make it worth your while, I'd fight this on the basis of the access schedule, not custody.
        Last edited by dinkyface; 02-25-2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Well, it should be read "access schedule", those were my extra words, sorry for that.

Comment

My advice would be to stop the alienation angle and play the best interest of the kids angle... Equal parenting.

Comment

This is exactly what I'm looking for, joint custody, it's in my kids best interest. But again, how to have equal parenting when OCL recommended sole custody for mother?

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
                This is exactly what I'm looking for, joint custody, it's in my kids best interest. But again, how to have equal parenting when OCL recommended sole custody for mother?

Having never been in that situation I can only say what I would do.

You basically have to prove "WITH EVIDENCE" that the report is incorrect.

Pick out every reason given that the other parent should have sole custody and prove that the assumptions made in the report were not correct "WITH EVIDENCE" You cannot just say something you have to prove it.

If you plan on taking this to trial you better be prepared to spend 40 hours a week researching and gathering relevant evidence as well as preparing.

Go to court and watch other cases as you are going to have know the rules of the court and how to act in front of the judge.

I can tell you that trying to prove the other parent did this and that is not what you should do. You should be proving that you are an equal and deserve the right to be treated as such.

For example you mentioned communication. What proof can you provide that it's her causing the communication problems and you are doing EVERYTHING you can to try and communicate.

Comment

Look up WorkingDad and what he did. He had a similar OCL report, he argued it and won.

You need to be child centric. Also, you need to argue the ex has created a false status quo with her unilateral decisions to remove the kids and her unwillingness to communicate. That you want to work with the ex, and can communicate with her respectfully. Then you prove it by showing your emails to the ex (from this point forward, you only call her to speak to the kids or in emergency) where you are respectful and requesting information relating to the kids.

But also be involved in the kids lives. If they are in activities, see about coaching. Do what you can to be as involved as possible. Go to their school, volunteer etc. When it comes to your ex, should she ask you a question that doesn't have a "yes" or "no" answer, you politely ask her to email you and you will get back to her asap if necessary.

But it is possible. You need to be child centric and you need to get over any defeatist attitude you may have.

Comment

There is an email where she's saying that to not further contact her,either writing or speaking, so I stop contacted her beeing afraid of possible harassing allegations.

Comment

There is an email where she's saying that to not further contact her,either writing or speaking, so I stop contacted her beeing afraid of possible harassing allegations.

Sending ONE email regarding the children is not harassment. Keep it polite and on point. Write it as if you are talking to a judge.

Time to be honest here. How many emails did you send her and what did they say....

Comment

Yes hammerdad, thank you, this is encouraging, she created a false status quo by manipulation and deceit, and this is what I'm going to fight.

Comment

FB, she banned me for contacting her furthermore, it's not just about one or more emails here.

Comment

fb, she banned me for contacting her furthermore, it's not just about one or more emails here.

Sent from my sgh-i717d using tapatalk
                            why!!!

Comment

I don't know why, she's paranoid, she always claimed that she's afraid of me, she accused me in the past that I wanted to kill her on one occasion, making her car brakes inoperable. At time I went with her and the car to a mechanic which explained her that was normal wear and tear of the breaking piston that made possible a failure of a gasket resulting in loosing of the breaking fluid. So this is just an example of what I'm dealing with.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X