School photos.. Special expenses S7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School photos.. Special expenses S7

I am getting asked to contribute on the kids school photos the same way as special expenses. I don't think this is an S7
    Thoughs?
    Thanks

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

if you are getting some of the photos then in my opinion you should pay. If she pays for them all then I don't think she would be required to give you any.

Comment

She is ordering and she is asking me to pay a portion for her order

Comment

You can each simply order your own and get what you want. You can contact the school if needed to find out how to palce a seperate order if you want some. If she wants to order photos for herself this isn't a S.7 expense.

Comment

That's what i thought.. Thanks

Comment

....@abuseddad, seriously...it's your kids school photos. You don't have to buy the most expensive pkg, you can just opt for the cheaper ones or NOT. The other parent can't force you to buy school photos as they are not a necessity.

However, if you like your kids and think they will want it, then get it and close that case. You will have a right to request copies of the pics

Comment

I want to get them for myself, but the ex wants to combine both orders and contribute the S7 contribution .

Comment

Originally posted by abuseddad View Post
                I want to get them for myself, but the ex wants to combine both orders and contribute the S7 contribution .

is she really asking for a S7 or just asking you to pay for the order that you want that will be combined with hers?

Comment

...exactly, and how much is a peace of mind worth to the OP? That is the question I'll ask myself considering we are just talking school pictures, and not school fees or the likes

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
                  is she really asking for a S7 or just asking you to pay for the order that you want that will be combined with hers?

Comment

Keep it simple about who pays what. Make two orders, she orders and pays for the pictures she wants and you order anf pay for the ones you want - if you wany any at all. This is a non issue. You owe no money for pictures she wants for her home, they aren't for the kid theyre for her. Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                      Keep it simple about who pays what. Make two orders, she orders and pays for the pictures she wants and you order anf pay for the ones you want - if you wany any at all. This is a non issue. You owe no money for pictures she wants for her home, they aren't for the kid theyre for her. Case closed.
                      that is the best way.

Comment

I always think that it is good to escalate when the other party is in the wrong.

"Paying for school pictures is clearly not an S7 expense. If you disagree you can motion for the payments and we can see how a judge will rule. I will of course ask for costs after you lose."

Somebody who is asking for contributions to photos for her personal use is blatantly and objectively unreasonable. You don't negotiate with these type of people. They aren't normal.

Also, school photos are terrible, do people actually buy them?

Comment

No Janus we don't... we get photos done yearly as a family and use those photos to send to family who want them. First of all the price for the packages is insanely expensive for what you get, seeing as I can go to Walmart and pose the kids and get pictures for 1/3 of the cost.

I thought most schools went online now? Our kids get a code sent home with them and we can order them online if we want. We ordered a CD one year to print our own pictures but the poses were horrible and unnatural lol

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                              Also, school photos are terrible, do people actually buy them?
                              Only to later abuse their children when they are adults.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X