This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough already

In this world of ever growing entitlement era I feel that things are being lost. People say that this generation of children are born in the "entitlement era" I want to know where the hell these people (be it CP, NCP, or just ex wives/husbands) get off feeling they are entitlted to spousal support. How about being entitled to getting off your ass and supporting yourself instead of living off everyone and everything around you!!!! Im just fed up with these questions like if I make 45k and he makes 60k then am I entitled to SS. NO you ass you arent. If you want to maintain same lifestyle then either do not get a divorce and go back to him or get another job to bring your income up to that. Seriously people get off your highg horses and coem back to reality. This world was not built on entitlement and it will not continue if that is the general thinking. The only entitlement is CS and that is only table amount. You cannot tell/convince me that one child needs over 1000$/month to live. If you believe so then you need a reality check.
    I just had to rant cause I find it is getting too much.

My child is used to $5,000 a month to support the lifestyle - my child should not have to live in a slum because Daddy decided to move on to a newer, brighter model!

Comment

5k a month??? for child support

Comment

Absolutely! If monthly expenses as a family unit were in excess of $25,000 per month.

No one has the right to judge what is appropriate and reasonable - every situation must be considered on it's own set of facts.

Just because you think that 1,000 is all any kid needs - don't think that that amount is what every kid is used to

Comment

littleman:

You can rant and rave all you want regarding couples without children.

But couples that getting married and have children make serious decisions regarding childcare. Women and men often give up or severely modify careers to stay home with children...the decision benefit the family/the couple and are often jointly made. Spousal support exists to balance out what is lost by one partner when those decisions are made. Often one person continues to work exactly the same or more...the other modifies or quits their career to do child rearing and as a result...it affects their savings, their senority, their RRSP contribution, their experience and training...etc. To suggest that a parent that stayed at home taking care of kids for years just gets off their ass and works post divorce is simplistic and unfair. Spousal support exists to protect people that work in the home and do not get paid a salary for their contributions to the family.

I would agree that it should be termed and that eventually both partners should be responsible...but to suggest that support is never appropriate is just ridiculous.

Comment

I agree with that...

But to answer on

where the hell these people (be it CP, NCP, or just ex wives/husbands) get off feeling they are entitlted to spousal support.
            we need to do some research...

IMHO SS support should be only available in exceptional cases. I believe everybody agree that there is exceptions right?

Just look into my example.
            Common-law ~3 years (depends how to count). She did not work all that time. College student. Finished college - 2 diplomas. Did not pay rent bills nothing. Child born. Even after signed Separation Agreement prepared by OW which deals only with CS and SS ($0) she decided to go to court and claim

spousal support should be payable in the amount of$1,097.00 to $1,364.00 per month for a minimum of 5.75 years to a maximum of 18 years.
            Just keep in mind I bring home about 3k a month. + pay CS $530.

she said I did not want to but lawyer recommended ... well what about your own brain?

Comment

"IMHO SS support should be only available in exceptional cases. I believe everybody agree that there is exceptions right?"

Everyone thinks they are EXCEPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by punked View Post
                My child is used to $5,000 a month to support the lifestyle - my child should not have to live in a slum because Daddy decided to move on to a newer, brighter model!
                here is your answer littleman

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
                  littleman:

You can rant and rave all you want regarding couples without children.

But couples that getting married and have children make serious decisions regarding childcare. Women and men often give up or severely modify careers to stay home with children...the decision benefit the family/the couple and are often jointly made. Spousal support exists to balance out what is lost by one partner when those decisions are made. Often one person continues to work exactly the same or more...the other modifies or quits their career to do child rearing and as a result...it affects their savings, their senority, their RRSP contribution, their experience and training...etc. To suggest that a parent that stayed at home taking care of kids for years just gets off their ass and works post divorce is simplistic and unfair. Spousal support exists to protect people that work in the home and do not get paid a salary for their contributions to the family.

I would agree that it should be termed and that eventually both partners should be responsible...but to suggest that support is never appropriate is just ridiculous.
                  Im sorry but above argument doesnt hold water with me. I am a parent, I was married and we had a marital home...all the married stuff. I never once considered asking for SS because I believe that parents have an obligation to their children to show that there is no shame in working to obtain what you want in life. To me accepting SS is living off someone elses dime and equal to being on welfare. SS is never appropriate. The other person is out there pounding the pavement while the one collecting is at home on couch eating bonbons and the kids are off to school. I can see the equality there for sure.

Comment

"IMHO SS support should be only available in exceptional cases. I believe everybody agree that there is exceptions right?"

Everyone thinks they are EXCEPTIONAL
                    I do not... so your statement a false. I was talking about really hard cases.

If you (your family) could afford 5k a month for child did you stay at home too with child to save on child care?

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh - Littlemen, Littlemen. Living in their LittleLives.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                        here is your answer littleman
                        get the child UNUSED to it

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh - Littlemen, Littlemen. Living in their LittleLives.
                          btw I run my whole household on less than 3k per month- with 17 year old bottomless eating machine....Im not sure why a child would ever need 5k a month to live. That must be some house!!! Or possibly a whole new set of braces every month

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
                            I do not... so your statement a false. I was talking about really hard cases.

If you (your family) could afford 5k a month for child did you stay at home too with child to save on child care?
                            Of course not! That's what the nanny is for

Comment

Of course not! That's what the nanny is for
                              so how you related to frase you wrote

give up or severely modify careers to stay home with children
                              and where is your entitlement for SS ?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X