X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of a separation agreement

Hi,

I am wondering how much a lawyer would charge for a separation agreement.

Thanks,

This link might help:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/separat...nt_ontario.htm

Good Luck
    Grace

Comment

Thanks for the link Grace, I was wondering the same thing myself.
      I have found that prices vary rapidly depending on where you go.
      Its like anything really.. you have to 'shop around'
      Something you dont feel like doing at this time, but must be done..

Comment

Homer,

Prices will vary depending on what exactly you are looking for. For example, costs for a separation agreement will increase if one or both parties obtain independent legal advice. If lawyers are retained, negotiation through counsel (if necessary) will also increase costs.

Please see http://www.ottawadivorce.com/indepen...gal-advice.htm for more info on ILA.

Lindsay
        Last edited by Lindsay; 12-03-2005, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Homer,

When I did the separation agreement, I was the only one with counsel and he did all the work on the agreement, I told him what I wanted, the other wanted and then he put in what we needed. It cost just over $500.00. If you are thinking about doing one up yourself, make sure that you have independent counsel look at it before signing because there is alot of things that we never would have thought of that needed to be there to protect both of us. Good Luck.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X