Legally Obligated Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legally Obligated Info

My partner has been served for payment. Ex is asking for the following info that we question:

Joint bank information
    Proof of payments for any trips taken
    Proof of payment for renovations
    Proof of applications jointly for credit

Are these required? How to respond in an affidavit?

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    My partner has been served for payment. Ex is asking for the following info that we question:

Joint bank information
    Proof of payments for any trips taken
    Proof of payment for renovations
    Proof of applications jointly for credit

Are these required? How to respond in an affidavit?
    I am not sure but I wouldnt think so. i think they may just asking hoping that you will give up the information without realizing that you dont have to.

Comment

Unless your ex is self-employed and included some of the travel and expenses to reduce income for purpose of determining support, I cannot see relevance of any of their requests.

I would not release anything without a court order - they are a long way from obtaining that I think.

Responses are simple - "not relevant for determination of income. Tax returns and relevant NOAs have been provided."

Comment

Thats pretty much what we thought. We are going to work on the paper work before seeing the lawyer to reduce the bill. Shes also asking for info going back five years and is claiming that my partner has never wanted to pay any section 7 and also refused to include the income changes over the last four years. The paperwork is ridiculously inaccurate and has no back up for any of the claims. Hes got pages of emails requesting info, requesting she update fro, requesting access to his kids etc. shes painted him as a deadbeat not interested in paying anything.

Comment

Added to that, most of those costs I paid for and hes never claimed undue hardship. My income and expenses are not necessary.

Comment

yes more than likely a fishing expedition spurred on by a green-eyed ex. LOL. If information requested is not relevant don't make the mistake of discussing it which then makes it a debatable issue. This is something my lawyer drilled into me over the years. My lawyer was quite good at responding to inconsequential requests. I would suggest to him to put in "N/A" (not applicable) and he would say "no - don't acknowledge whatsoever."

This is similar to ridiculous/inflammatory posts on this forum - one should not even respond (feed the trolls)

Comment

No the draft we're working on will only include the legal obligations. I just wanted to make sure.

Shes also claiming that school expenses are so high because kid has medical issues but kid chose to go to school several hours away when acceptance was received from school in home town. Is that an argument he can make?

Hes not averse to paying his portion of school expenses for an additional year but he wants to pay the school and kid directly

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X