X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So long, fairwell...

Hi All,

Having reviewed the content of this site, direction it has been going on for the past few months and the recent contributions of posters it is time to bid everyone so long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodbye.

I thank Jeff, Mess and Blink for the time they invest in insuring this asset is available to the general public. I truly do feel that the community service you provide is exceptional and the investment of time goes unnoticed by the community as a whole. I would like to thank you personally for all the support, debates and assistance provided when contributing to this forum.

My decision is not based on anything you or this board has done. I am rather, going to focus my volunteer time in another area of family law which may produce better results for this entire community and more importantly, the children impacted by high conflict family law disputes.

I leave this forum in the good hands of WorkingDad, Mess, Blink, PH, FaithAndMorals, Nadia, SOTSL, WO, Hadenough and the other positive contributors to this forum and a number of others I have forgotten

The Sound of Music Soundtrack - 12 - So Long, Farewell - YouTube

I wish everyone the best in their challenges in their family law matters and kindly remind them of the wise words of the Honourable Madame Justice Mossip encapsulated in the following thread and case law:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...-mossip-13753/

I encourage everyone thinking of taking their matter to court or currently before the Family Court system, to not leave it to our public court systems to pick up the pieces of the broken family vase which was once whole and full of love. To focus on the fact that as parents, at one time in your relationship, you time loved each other and the children you are fighting over.

The conflict, allegations, and hearsay allegations made by either party does not demonstrate either parent in the best light to the court or to society. Do you really want to leave your children with this as the legacy of the relationship which lead to their birth?

Remain positive, focus on finding creative solutions to the problems you may have with the other parent in your dispute. The children did not ask, choose or want you to separate in the first place, nor did they want you to fight, hurl allegations and litigate their "best interests".

Court should be a last resort for parents and children, not the first choice. Hopefully the evolution of collaborative law will eventually bring some much needed change to our system of family law.

As well, while you are hurling allegations of miss conduct and other irrelevant "facts" always remember how a justice presiding in your matter will read what you have sworn to "the truth" or even posted to this very website.

What is for the Court, and posters responding to messages on this forum often is the amount of time, money, energy, and emotional angst, that parents engage in to convince themselves, members of this public forum, the other party, the children, their friends, the professionals involved, and eventually the Court, that their truth is the “real truth”; that their version of events is what actually happened.

All roads on in family law should lead to counselling there is no "quick fix" that the court can order that will make any difference to the majority of the highly conflicted people coming to this forum and lamenting about their problems.

The advice posted to this forum is not the answer to your problems; you are.

The posters sharing their "personal stories" need only ask themselves, "Has what I have done so far through the courts worked?" or ask themselves, "What else is possible?" Given that the majority of people posting to this forum are highly intelligent people, surely they can come up with the answer to the questions they raise on this forum and heal the family and help their children.

Always seek "good advice" and be wary of contributors to this forum, professionals and others who automatically "believe" your "version of the truth".

Good Luck!
    Tayken
    Last edited by Tayken; 01-29-2013, 08:14 PM.

You will be greatly missed Tayken. Your contributions to this site have been many. I have learned a lot from your posts and I truly hope that we see you again.

It is a true loss for this site and its members.

Comment

I wish you wouldnt leave but I can understand your reasons. I will miss your debating skills and your intelligence, something that some people lack. Your way of backing up what you say with facts. You are a very valued member of this forum.

Comment

Tayken, you have provided a lot of valuable information to this forum. We have all been lucky to have you to answer our questions and concerns, you really are a valuable member, one that future members will surely miss out on.

Best of luck in your volunteer work, you help more people than you know.

Comment

Thank you sir for your insight, honesty, and assistance.

Best of luck to you in all of your future endeavours.

Comment

I am sorry to hear it.

Good luck to you, Sir.

Comment

Say it ain't so Sam!

Comment

Tayken,

I am "taken" aback by what seems like your sudden departure. However, I feel you must have given your decision some serious thought.

I've learned much from this forum, and from several of the members, yourself included. New words, definitions, perspectives etc.

Whether things were good, bad, or ugly on here (and I've seen all 3), you presented a side of the coin that some of us couldn't see. In many cases, you helped people see that other side. There have been disagreements, and certainly some all-out war of words.

Raising awareness of case-law and the steps involved to self-rep were, and will continue to be valuable to many who read/post on this forum. I didn't know what CanLii was when I joined this forum!

I have remained out of the fray when all the psychology came up, b/c I know about as much about psychology as I do auto mechanics :s

Tayken, I bid you farewell and best wishes.
                Last edited by hadenough; 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM.

Comment

So deeply sorry that you are leaving.

Personally I have benefited from your posts whether they were to me or others.

Thank you ***very much*** for your time and efforts.

You have helped many people, your legacy in the archives will go on.

Again... thank you.

Comment

and by the way, the quote you used was from my favorite movie..although Climb Every Mountain has always been my favorite song from it.

and which song is appropo for me... especially now

Comment

Tayken:

I'm extremely sorry to hear that you are leaving the forum.

I'd like to thank you personally for the help and insight you gave to me when I needed it during a really difficult time.

I notice that lately there's been a lot less postings from the sage, knowledgeable posters on this site and that's truely unfortunate and I'm so very sorry to see you go.

Best wishes in everything that you do and know whatever criticism you've endured is far dwarfed by the invaluable assistance you've given to so many of us that have needed your help.

Good luck Tayken!

Comment

It's been great getting to know you, Tayken. I mean it. Email me whenever in Ottawa area.

Comment

Peace Out

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that you have decided to leave this forum.

I have personally always looked forward to your contributions and appreciated that "fresh insight" from an intelligent perspective. I think a lot of us on the forum have benefited from your sage advice and feedback. Including me.

Occasionally, there have been posters who have simply not "got it" and quickly resorted to some very unpleasent personal remarks. I hope those few have not been the reason for your abrupt departure.

Through personal experience I have long learned that it is all but impossible to "reason" with "crazy." There will be nothing one can do to persuade a person to perhaps think "differently" when they have already made up their mind and convinced themselves otherwise.

Your presence on this forum will be missed.

Comment

You will be missed. Thank you for your insights and your knowledge that you have shared with us. This site, and your comments have helped so many of us understand this complicated process. Your time has been well spent and you have been appreciated.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X