This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRO Forms

Today I received my forms in the mail for the FRO along with case number. The problem I am having with them are the portion they are requesting from me about the my ex (the payor) that I cannot possibly have any knowledge of! I have no idea when he moved to the place he is at, I only found out he moved after receiving copies of the sentencing on his live-in girlfriend. I have no clue where he works, who he works for, what he makes, who he worked for prior to where he is at now, when, for how long, where he banks, what vehicles he may have or if he owns or leases them, what the plates on his vehicle is, what his drivers license number is.
    How in the HE double hockey stick am I to know this information about the ex to even fill out the forms! What exactly is the point of the FRO if you cannot fill out & send in the forms to have your court order enforced when they are asking for information that is completely impossible for me to get from any source.
    He has still not provided financial disclosure, this was supposed to be filed & served by September 2nd court, adjourned to 16th where the interim order was made on a lower amount than it's expected he is making - due to no financial disclosure, and now it's mid-October, child support is already in arrears, the next court date is not until November 18th and I gather I am now expected to sit on these forms I cannot complete & hope that his lawyer provides me with some information to even send the forms back to the FRO.
    This is absolute BS to expect this kind of information from me when I am not the one paying the child support.
    Someone remind me what the point of even going to court to get an order I can't get enforced was for..

You know, my stepson's bio-mom was in the same position as you. She had asked us to fill the forms out for her. We told her "no way." I don't understand WHY you were sent these form (or why she was sent them either). The reason we refused to fill out the forms for her was because we got our own stuff from FRO in the mail, indicating that payments were ready to commence at the beginning of the upcoming month. If FRO was informing us that they were starting deductions, it meant they had all the necessary information, and whatever forms were sent to the recipient were probably just a precautionary protocol.

All that FRO really needs is the support order, which is sent directly to them by the courthouse. The payor should have disclosed his financial information (i.e. who he works for, how much he makes, etc.) in court. If you got a court order with a support provision, then that information must've been provided. It was then sent to FRO, and they, in turn, sent your ex a heads up that they will begin garnishing his pay on whatever date.

In your case, since you say that he hasn't submitted the information, just call FRO, give them your case-number, they'll issue you a PIN and you'll be able to call in whenever you want and inquire about your case. Ask them if they have received the support order from the courthouse at which you obtained it, and inquire as to when they anticipate you'll begin receiving payments. You can even set up direct deposit, and FRO will just wire the money into your account.

Good luck to you. I know it's not much, but I hope it helps a little.

Comment

It's just inconceivable that they would even have the audacity to ask this information of me. I of course can provide basics, name, DOB, SIN, his mother's maiden name, his families info if they need to track him down & the like, but that's it.
      Right after court I filled out forms that his lawyer had mostly filled out, but he did not know full details of both myself & the ex's personal info (names, DOB, SIN, Mother's maiden name), the info for the children, the interim support amount, when it's due, the 5% interest that accrues etc etc.
      I spoke to the court last week some time and they had already sent the order, she had not got around to the basket of stuff that the lawyer would have filed with the court, but she assured me that she would keep my file on her desk & deal with it first thing that afternoon.
      I had already also received the papers from his lawyer that contained the type-written information in the court order for me to sign & mail to him - again, this stuff has been done for a couple weeks.
      I would assume that it was received by the FRO as they assigned a case number & sent the forms, but I do not know if any employment information etc about my ex has been sent to them. I would gather that if the forms are also sent to my ex, all he has to do is drag his heels about completing & filing the forms to avoid making payment - drag out the inevitable basically, and there isn't anything I can do about it as having no employment information reduces what the FRO can do to enforce the order.
      I will call there tomorrow & get my PIN along with information about the forms etc and go from there I suppose.
      The papers claimed that they were available until 7pm, but they were closed at 5:02pm when I called.

Thanks for your response!

Comment

Ok so I called there today. The first one told me to call back in an hour, the systems were down.
        I called back later, the agent I spoke to chewed food in my ear the entire time, told me they received nothing from the courts (although a case number was issued??), they have no information whatsoever listed other than my name & address basically.
        Asked her about the VOID cheque. I have never had my address on my cheques, just my name only - should could not tell me if this was enough for direct deposit.
        Asked her about the info they were requesting for the ex from me, told he that it's impossible for me to have that kind of info - she tells me (while still chewing) that some people do have that kind of info, and that filling it out means they can enforce an order - she says they do not send anything to the payor to fill out.
        Not even sure what to say at this point. I'll wait for the PIN to arrive in the mail & go from there I guess.

Comment

I think you should call the court house where you got your order, and ask if they have sent the support order to FRO. If they haven't, ask them what they are planning on doing to get it sent right away. If they say that they're waiting for additional information, ask if they have contacted your ex's lawyer to receive any missing information. Also, if you still have your lawyer, ask him/her to write a letter to your ex's lawyer indicating that your ex needs to provide FRO with [whatever information is missing] before [certain date] or else you will be forced to file a statement of arrears with the court and with FRO. Sometimes, threatening works well. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie82 View Post
            I think you should call the court house where you got your order, and ask if they have sent the support order to FRO. If they haven't, ask them what they are planning on doing to get it sent right away. If they say that they're waiting for additional information, ask if they have contacted your ex's lawyer to receive any missing information. Also, if you still have your lawyer, ask him/her to write a letter to your ex's lawyer indicating that your ex needs to provide FRO with [whatever information is missing] before [certain date] or else you will be forced to file a statement of arrears with the court and with FRO. Sometimes, threatening works well. Good luck!
            As I stated previously, I already spoke to the court clerk approx. 2 weeks ago, they already sent the court order to the FRO - How can they assign a case number to a case they have no order for?
            Their letter specifically states:
            "We are pleased to inform you that the Family Responsibility Office has received your support deduction order dated 16 September 2008 and income source information."
            "The support deduction order allows the Family Responsibility Office to collect your support payments from an employer or other income source and then send the money to you"
            What is it exactly that they received? Was this from his lawyer or the court?
            I am self-rep, and already received the support order from his lawyer somewhere around 3 weeks ago, read through it (it was the full legal writing of what was ordered in court & to my satisfaction) which I signed & then returned to him the following day as he was to attend to issuance. I have tried to call the court a number of times, but I only get their voicemail, and as such I would be at work if they attempted to call back, which doesn't provide me with the information I am seeking.
            I already have the statement of arrears completed and stamped/witnessed/notarized from a local lawyer, so I will be sending that off with the rest of the documents I received.

I will attempt to contact the court still to ask if the order was submitted, and go from there.

Thanks!

EDIT: Finally got through to someone, happened to be the same clerk I've dealt with every time I've had questions, submitted forms or questioned the order etc. The support order was sent last week, so they probably only (the FRO) received it today, perhaps tomorrow, but either way the items have been sent.
            I'll send my forms tomorrow and now I get to wait...more.. um, yippee?
            Last edited by Kimberley; 10-15-2008, 04:19 PM. Reason: Dropped my xylophone...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X