Divorcing Husband Protests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorcing Husband Protests

Divorcing husband hangs protest banner outside home after wife strips house bare!

Divorcing husband Robin Baker sends angry banner message to ex-wife | Metro News

Can you blame him?

That is not a nice thing for her to do. I had a neighbour once who tried to do that. We called the police and said we thought the house was being robbed, so they came right away. This gave us time to drive over to her husbands work and bring him back. The poor guy had no idea she was even leaving him. She of course had her " boyfriend" helping her with the move. Why do some people feel they are entitled to take everything. No concept of how the children felt to see their family home stripped and Dad and Mommy screaming at each other in the driveway.

Comment

My partner's ex did this. They had a 4k sq ft home and she left 3 spatulas in the kitchen and the junk in the garage she didn't want. She took everything else...and there was a lot of stuff. When he assigned a value to the items...she told him it was all used and therefore worthless in dollar value and shouldn't be included in their mediated agreement.

Funny enough, about 2 months later, he had to go over to her new place to help his son move stuff from her house to his and saw her basement. It was literally stuffed wall to wall with furniture and items from their home.

When their older daughter asked for some of her old bedroom furniture for their new baby...she said "no" even though it was just crammed in her basement not being used. So I ended up giving her my D's furniture since she was getting older and needed new stuff anyway. I just cannot understand why someone would horde that kind of stuff and let it collect dust instead of giving it to a granddaughter.

Some people are vindictive to the point that it manifests into forms of mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        My partner's ex did this. They had a 4k sq ft home and she left 3 spatulas in the kitchen and the junk in the garage she didn't want. She took everything else...and there was a lot of stuff. When he assigned a value to the items...she told him it was all used and therefore worthless in dollar value and shouldn't be included in their mediated agreement.

Funny enough, about 2 months later, he had to go over to her new place to help his son move stuff from her house to his and saw her basement. It was literally stuffed wall to wall with furniture and items from their home.

When their older daughter asked for some of her old bedroom furniture for their new baby...she said "no" even though it was just crammed in her basement not being used. So I ended up giving her my D's furniture since she was getting older and needed new stuff anyway. I just cannot understand why someone would horde that kind of stuff and let it collect dust instead of giving it to a granddaughter.

Some people are vindictive to the point that it manifests into forms of mental illness.
        Ding Ding Ding....

Comment

I can understand that people are upset when there's a break-up but does that give them the right to take all of it? A few years ago my cousin's ex-wife cleared out the family home while he was off at work (Valentine's day BTW).

She even took the shower curtains but not the rod? Weeks later my cousin could smell something foul in the bathroom - could not find the cause for the life of him after cleaning everything? The Ex had stuffed ground beef inside the curtain rod! She had also gotten her new BF to mess with the electric box and had my cousin not checked it out, he would have had a fire ...

He tried to press charges, nothing came of it. You'd think that crazy behavior like that would bring consequences - not to mention that her own kids had to live in a home without furniture? Selfish to the point of being sick!

Comment

Ah yes, the old curtain rod trick - both appalling and amazing at the same time. This story has been circulating for years:

Stupid People - The Curtain Rods

Gotta hand it to the wife, though, for a rather ingenious and creative payback for a cheating husband.

Comment

I'm glad my cousin is rid of her. The new guy left her after only 18 months ... he figured her out fast enough. If I were to get involved with a divorced man I would be very interested on how he treats the Ex-wife and kids. It says a lot about a person's character (or lack of).

Comment

My ex did this to me years ago when I was away on exercise, happens to a lot of us military guys.
                Karma has caught up with her now, our D is staying with me, ex is going through divorce #2 and it was a nasty one. Ex thought she would milk #2 husband for huge spousal & cash pay out but he was way ahead of her so she got no spousal & very little $. Now ex is having to file for bankruptcy.
                The only part of this that makes me happy is having my daughter back in my life after years of ex being very successful at brainwashing her against me. Truth is out now, D has things figured out and refuses to put up with her mother's crap anymore...
                Cheers!

Comment

My ex did this AND she had me pay her for her share of the furniture (she took a lot of stuff but not everything)

Comment

My ex did this. I had moved out and took only personal possessions belonging to the kids. He coincidently put the house on the market (without my knowledge) and found a buyer right before declaring bankruptcy.

We made arrangements for me to come to the house. He offered for me to "take anything I wanted". I drove the 6 hrs to get to the house. He was not there. He had cleared everything out. Anything of value was taken to house of his then gf. Only junk and garbage was left behind. I took very little personal belongings in my car.

The following day the ex called me, confused why I left everything in the house. In the days following I received angry emails. He was upset because he now had to remove things from the house for the new buyers and tried threatening me with the bill he would get for putting all this stuff in storage. By stuff I mean broken motorcycles, mouse poo infested toys, etc.

Knowing not to trust him, I had tried to be proactive by photographing everything in the house before moving out, everything I took, and everything that he had left behind for me. My lawyer was not interested in pursuing it. I literally left the marriage with my kids, some of their personal belongings, and the clothes off my back... To the extent I could squeeze everything into a minivan with a crib.

Comment

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me how people can get so nasty. Unless your partner has been abusing you then why would you bother going to such extremes. I would think that those partners who are in a very scary relationship. ( and that is not only women) would likely just run with the clothes on their backs and not worry about the material side of things. So what motivates these " house clearers". Greed ? Revenge? A sense of entitlement?

I am rather of the opinion that the " golf club" option would give more pleasure and a lot less work then lugging a bunch of furniture out the door, which would only have memories attached to it. I am very particular about the bed I sleep in and would not,want one I shared with some loser!

I do not understand how they get away with it.

Comment

I believe that when equalization takes place, an approximate value of the household furnishings would be considered.

I recall at the time of my divorce my lawyer was surprised that my ex and I weren't fighting about the "stuff." In our case it was simple. He came over one day and we walked through the house and he indicated what he wanted. Movers came the next week and moved everything. He got off easy as I packed everything up for him. Why people put so much effort into trying to screw the other person out of USED crap is beyond me.

I do recall handing a green garbage bag full of trash to one of the movers so one of the first things he would have unpacked was the garbage.

Comment

Our separation of stuff was simple as well. After being released from jail, the EX came by the house accompanied by 2 officers, spend 30 minutes gathering up whatever he could cart away and left me in peace. I had already boxed/bagged whatever was his and left it on the front porch.

Actually I am looking forwards to the day when he will clear out the garage of all his crap and have included this in my offer to settle. Most of the furniture (antiques) was mine before marriage and there's no way he's getting any of those family heirlooms.

Comment

my ex would probably take the cake

1- i had a court order allowing me to go inside the place to pickup my belongings with two officers. when the officers informed her of me going in she stated " the court order allows him to come in, it dosnt direct me to let him come in, therefore i am not allowing him in" the officers agreed that the court order dosnt direct her and therefore they cannot enforce it upon her.

2- then she told my friends to come over and pickup my stuff, instead of giving them my stuff she used them to clean up whatever garbage she would have to throw out otherwise. whatever few electronics she returned, she removed parts of them rendering them useless.

3- she also stole the entire gold our family had and blamed that me and my parents were keeping it "back home" even though it was in a locker here which only she had access to and was only in her name

4- she then moved to a new place with all my belongings & common items, once the judge cut off her SS & reduced the CS i was paying, she decided to abandon our son, sell all of mine and our son's belongings including our son's bed, high chair, stroller etc and then calll me "hey if you want his stuff come and collect it" i went there to pickup our son's stuff only to find garbage that she didnt want (except few used toys). worst part, she wanted me to either take the garbage or dump it outside (like seriously? you sell my stuff, pocket the money and then have me dump the garbage for you? crazy bitch)

Comment

instead of giving them my stuff she used them to clean up whatever garbage she would have to throw out
                              So she is a user i.e. likes to take advantage

whatever few electronics she returned, she removed parts of them rendering them useless.
                              Nice...that is the behaviour of a rational, sane, cooperative, non-malicious person. NOT

she also stole the entire gold our family had and blamed that me and my parents were keeping it "back home" even though it was in a locker here which only she had access to and was only in her name
                              Takes the term "gold digger" to stratospheric levels

once the judge cut off her SS & reduced the CS i was paying, she decided to abandon our son,

Say what?????????

Oh no she didn't

sell all of mine and our son's belongings including our son's bed, high chair, stroller etc
                              Is this a joke, are we being punked.....surely you are making all this up?

Just when you hear one story, and you think you've seen it all, something like this pops up like a bat out of hell.....I am gobsmacked!
                              you sell my stuff, pocket the money and then have me dump the garbage for you? crazy bitch)
                              Now Now....don't go be reducing yourself to her level, tell yourself that you are bigger than that. Let her act like a child / high school like, and you take the road less dramatic. Others around will be able to see who the reasonable / sane one is.

Closing words......I think based on all the stories about people calling the police, the drama, things being shoved on the street etc. It will be wise of anybody getting into any new relationship i.e. it behooves you to do your due diligence and study the way the "potential partner" is handling / handled their separation/divorce before you jump in.......because if you look in the mirror, that could potentially be life imitating art for you in the future. Well of course you can ignore it at your own peril

Drama fix for the day:

I just came back from store xyz, and this couple were going at it in the middle of the aisle....he kept ignoring her and she was raising her voice saying...."do you want to shop by yourself, why don't you give me the keys to the car" raising her voice in the process...blah blah

Could you imagine that kind of scene..I didn't envy that fella one iota, and you can bet you xxxxx that wasn't the last of it.
                              Last edited by FWB; 01-12-2014, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X