Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appeal after motion order

Hello,
    If you don't agree with an order made after a motion (for instance, in spite of all the proof submitted, you are ordered to pay child support for a non-biological child), how can you proceed with an appeal? Do you use the form Notice of Appeal?

Originally posted by sunnyday123 View Post
    Hello,
    If you don't agree with an order made after a motion (for instance, in spite of all the proof submitted, you are ordered to pay child support for a non-biological child), how can you proceed with an appeal? Do you use the form Notice of Appeal?
    There has to be an error in LAW for you to appeal....

There is plenty of case law for paying for non-biological children (in loco parentis)

Comment

Hello, I know there has to be en error in law. Regarding CS for non-biological children, I have read this very good overview of different cases: http://www.rslaw.com/wp-content/uplo...Family-Law.pdf There are many instances where it is clear from the proof submitted I was not a parent to this child; my marriage was short (about 3 years and it's been 3 years know we've been separated). My question is: can "an error in LAW" be also proved based on the different cases quoted in the document above? I think so, but I am not an expert. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday123 View Post
        Hello, I know there has to be en error in law. Regarding CS for non-biological children, I have read this very good overview of different cases: http://www.rslaw.com/wp-content/uplo...Family-Law.pdf There are many instances where it is clear from the proof submitted I was not a parent to this child; my marriage was short (about 3 years and it's been 3 years know we've been separated). My question is: can "an error in LAW" be also proved based on the different cases quoted in the document above? I think so, but I am not an expert. Thanks.
        I'm also no expert but there IS law. You could certainly appeal but I'm not sure how far you'd get.

Most successful appeals would be for an order that there is ZERO case law for.

Comment

I'm also no expert
          You should consider retaining a lawyer. You appear to be floundering in the system, and may have either represented yourself poorly or risk doing so at an appeal if an error was made at the motion. Or you may be embarking on an appeal when the option is not available.

Get help; it is cheaper then doing it wrong.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X