Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help please with Form 22A - response to request to admit

Hello,

I need urgent help as I am completing Form 22A -Response to request to admit. What is the difference between "I deny that the following facts are true" and "I refuse to admit the following facts for the following reasons"?

Can someone shed some light on this.

An Admit is a parties way of narrowing the issues by both agreeing to things this shortens the length of a Trial.

If the other side has lots of exhibits (in there document brief) that they want turned into evidence by a judge for use during the Trial what they do is hold a letter up and ask you if you agree that it's yours and authentic...judge attaches a number or letter to it and it isn't a exhibit anymore it's evidence against you to help them

Facts are what drives a Trials outcome it's up to you if agreeing now to a fact or denying it as a fact regardless your going to see it again at Trial

The refusal part with explanation is the best place to find contradictory statements sometimes people just love to write long explanations and it won't line up with your past position(s) so you have to know your case

You don't want the other party to hold up a letter that states one thing and an Admit that says another (looks bad)

Now if your a Self Rep... sounds like you are,,, you don't know what the form is for it's just some stupid form it's just something that's served and filed in the Courthouse that has to be answered in I think 20 days, under oath in the witness box if the other party wants to re-ask the questions sure go ahead (but now you now what's coming from the Admit)

I hope I clarified a little for you maybe someone else can add

Comment

Deny the facts: You are saying the information is false.

Refuse to admit: You don't know if they are false, but you are not certain they are correct (and therefore want the other side to prove the facts).

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X