Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes I have to shake my head and laugh

Hello All,

So we are #2-3 on the docket for trial... should be called either tomorrow or Monday... Stressed? Yes I am... Emotionally drained as well. Yet, I did have an opportunity to have a laugh.

The following is to be taken with a grain of salt and a laugh...

My ex who wants to be re-added to my medical benefits, has a simple form to fill out. One page, containing about 10 questions each yes or no with a simple 'put check mark here' format. The only complication is that there are two columns of checkmarks one for spouse and one for employee. Then return original to employee who signs and submits to company...

Simple right? Guess not. First round, she checks off the employee section and not spouse, lists my son as a female, gets her lawyer to look it over who then scans and emails the copy to me.

I called the insurance company and they said, 'sorry that will be rejected'. I send a polite email to my ex, explaining that the instructions are at the top of the form, and where she made her mistakes. (check marks at wrong place, son listed as girl, and require originals)

I get a follow up letter from her lawyer to my lawyer, stating he is not sure what is wrong with the form and that if I can fill it out and sign her name that would be acceptable.

My lawyer then spends 20 minutes trying to write a response that doesn't scream "how dumb are you!". And then simply copies and pastes my original reply.

We finally get another response... "Please find attached a slightly modified version of the document, the applicant got a friend to review who says it's 'fine'". Turns out it's again a copy of her original document but this time she 'circled' the spouse column heading, and still lists my son as a girl... checkmarks are still at the wrong place and no originals.

So I laughed... Any ideas on what a 'fun' reply would be?

Originally posted by Asphenaz View Post
    So I laughed... Any ideas on what a 'fun' reply would be?
    Dear ex,

Please fill out the form correctly. If your lawyer is unable to advise you as to the proper way to fill out the form, I suggest that you find better representation.

Sincerely,

Me

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
      Dear ex,

Please fill out the form correctly. If your lawyer is unable to advise you as to the proper way to fill out the form, I suggest that you find better representation.

Sincerely,

Me
      As much as that made me laugh, I wouldn't get into that business. I would just say I noticed you have listed our son as a girl on the forms. I understand you have advised it is okay for me to correct any mistakes so I have corrected this particular mistake.

Comment

Dear ex please advise of the exact particulars of our son's sex change operation. When, where, who was the surgeon, etc. Why was I not notified? Please be advised that my consent was not given for this procedure. As such I will be filing an emergency motion to have this sex change reversed immediately. I will be asking that you pay for this procedure. I will also be requesting you pay for counselling for our son and all others who have been traumatized by your unilateral decision to change our son's gender. These people will include his friends, their parents and siblings, teachers, sports coaches, your neighbours and of course the family dog (who I noticed has been behaving oddly the past few weeks).

And of corse I will be seeking costs as well as sole custody of our he/she and the dog.
        Last edited by Stillbreathing; 05-25-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Hahahah..... ok first thing on the list, get a dog! Thats a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
            As much as that made me laugh .... I understand you have advised it is okay for me to correct any mistakes so I have corrected this particular mistake.
            It's all good, my serious reply is just yet another copy paste of the original responce. I would not risk being accused of 'forgery' by following her lawyers advice. This thread is just for letting out a little stress and having a laugh...

Comment

Thanks for the laugh! I hope you get that sex change procedure stuff sorted out!

Comment

So is her lawyer saying that you can fill out any form and sign her name? If so how about the motion for full custody and support?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X