This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To file for divorce - technical question

The matter is in ontario family court, we only have a final order on CS yet, matter of custody, spousal support & access are still temporary. I want to file for divorce, how do we go about doing that? I understand that divorce is Onatrio Superior Court's jurisdiction and they need final orders on all matters before accepting the divorce application?

If you could agree to a separation agreement, you wouldn't have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
      If you could agree to a separation agreement, you wouldn't have to wait.
      ex dosnt want to agree on anything at all, i presented separation agreements with no response, even for access the judge has to scold her to agree to increase every single time.

Comment

Should be in superior court to proceed with all issues, including the divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
          Should be in superior court to proceed with all issues, including the divorce.
          so i could start a new application in superior court & request case to be moved there? and tick off the divorce box?

Comment

so i could start a new application in superior court & request case to be moved there? and tick off the divorce box?
            Go to the courthouse and ask duty counsel.

In Ottawa, the courts are combined so all family applications are in superior court.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X