This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denying access?

Presently, my ex has temporary custody and the judge ordered "reasonable access". I requested to have the children over the weekend but he refused stating he will not give me the children unless my lawyer goes through his lawyer! Can he do this? Surely someone has to make him understand the court order is sufficient? And just what would "reasonable access" entail? I know he will never let me see the children until we go back to court again and that is not until the first week of June - will he be shooting himself in the foot by doing this?

Keep requesting time with the kids, and do so with at least 48 hours notice. Also put in a call to your lawyer and let him/her know you are being denied all access - keep documentation of when you have requested access, for what dates (to show the amount of notice you have given) and his refusals.
    He could very well be shooting himself in the foot, but every situation is different as well as the circumstances.

Best of luck

Comment

reasonable access is such a vague term. What is reasonable to one may not be resonable to another. To me reasonable would be at the minimum every other weekend. Maybe get your lawyer to send his lawyer a fax that you wish to have the kids on such and such a date and time.

Comment

Right of the child

In The Best Interest of The Child.” In as much as it is the Right of the Child to have both parents financially support them. It is also the Right of the Child to have access to each parent, it is not the right of the parent.

Comment

Originally posted by thistoshallpass View Post
          In The Best Interest of The Child.” In as much as it is the Right of the Child to have both parents financially support them. It is also the Right of the Child to have access to each parent, it is not the right of the parent.

Agreed! It is also the law.

Comment

I wish my soon to be EX would read that.... I haven't been "allowed" by her to see my kids in 65 days, every time I get her in court they delay my motions for access, complete and utter BS

Comment

Originally posted by Dooly View Post
              I wish my soon to be EX would read that.... I haven't been "allowed" by her to see my kids in 65 days, every time I get her in court they delay my motions for access, complete and utter BS
              Continuing documenting the delays and requesting the children's access. Request dates of availability of the other party.

To summarize -- It won't look good if the court has to reinstate the children's access.

lv

Comment

Originally posted by logicalvelocity View Post
                Continuing documenting the delays and requesting the children's access. Request dates of availability of the other party.

To summarize -- It won't look good if the court has to reinstate the children's access.

lv
                I'm assuming you mean it won't look good for her?? I keep a daily log of all activity involving my divorce.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X