Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Funny - Expenses

I have to laugh at my ex sometimes.

Every month we split the cost of the school milk program. Whomever gets the form fills it out and sends in the money and the other pays the other back for half of it.

So in November when the milk order came in I wrote the cheque for $21.00.

I sent her an email with this expense on it and others as well.

She responded that's she not paying for the milk for December since the kids won't get to drink it for the 5 days we are away next week.

So I responded that's fine you can pay for the milk they will drink

$.70 * 10 days = $7.00 * 2 kids = $14.00 / 2 = $7.00

I wonder what she will say to that. I find the fact that I can compromise over $3.00 more entertaining than arguing with her about it. That to me is worth the $3.00 LMAO.

I kindly asked if she could give me the money before our trip. She said no she has 7 days to pay me according to our agreement. I was tempted to give her my banking details and tell her to make sure it's in the account next Wednesday since I won't be here to get it from her. That would just be stupid though.

She owes me over $200 for various things. I'm not in any need for the money so I'll let it go...but again just LMAO at her HC attitude.

IMO, this is another instance where you can sever some contact with your ex by just alternating the payment monthly. If one parent should get the form on the other parents month, they just put the form in the kids bag for the next time they are around and send them an email advising where it is.

Going after the ex, especially your ex, for $7, or even $10.50 (in normal months) just promotes contact you don't need/want.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      IMO, this is another instance where you can sever some contact with your ex by just alternating the payment monthly. If one parent should get the form on the other parents month, they just put the form in the kids bag for the next time they are around and send them an email advising where it is.

Going after the ex, especially your ex, for $7, or even $10.50 (in normal months) just promotes contact you don't need/want.
      Agreed. As well, it isn't an S7 expense and isn't worth the problems. If the program is so important I would recommend you just pay for it and not bother trying to collect the money from the other parent.

Also, don't bother trying to bait her into debating the subject matter. Really, if you don't care, don't ask about it and don't engage in nonsense. It takes two to tango.

Just isn't worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
        I have to laugh at my ex sometimes.

Every month we split the cost of the school milk program. Whomever gets the form fills it out and sends in the money and the other pays the other back for half of it.

So in November when the milk order came in I wrote the cheque for $21.00.

I sent her an email with this expense on it and others as well.

She responded that's she not paying for the milk for December since the kids won't get to drink it for the 5 days we are away next week.

$.70 * 10 days = $7.00 * 2 kids = $14.00 / 2 = $7.00

I wonder what she will say to that. I find the fact that I can compromise over $3.00 more entertaining than arguing with her about it. That to me is worth the $3.00 LMAO.

I kindly asked if she could give me the money before our trip. She said no she has 7 days to pay me according to our agreement. I was tempted to give her my banking details and tell her to make sure it's in the account next Wednesday since I won't be here to get it from her. That would just be stupid though.

She owes me over $200 for various things. I'm not in any need for the money so I'll let it go...but again just LMAO at her HC attitude.
        I don't know what agreement you guys have going on, but I can't see how putting yourself in a position to have an argument with such a HC person over $21, $7, $3 whatever - especially if you don't need the money. I would be told that's "why I pay child support"....as he's $10G in arrears.

Via text message, I asked my ex for his portion of a substantial medical receipt. He called the police and tried to charge me with harassment. That's HC.

Comment

Really ^ that's just silly.

Be sure to keep the police file #

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
            Really ^ that's just silly.

Be sure to keep the police file #
            Well, the police officer responded to his house about the complaint and phoned me from his cell. We had a very interesting, entertaining conversation. There wasn't a file opened because it was, as you say, just plain silly. But, what I found extremely enlightening though was the police officer's opinion on who was actually causing the grief, which was the new wife, not the ex. It was a hefty bill too, uncovered vaccinations for a year, his share was in the hundreds and I was pretty broke at the time, and needed the money. But, screw it - still not worth the hassle.

The ex uses the police like a hall monitor. He called the police when she was 5 minutes late coming out of the house for access once. We were texting, I was explaining that she didn't want to go and I was having a really hard time getting her to go willingly out the door. His expectation was that I "make her", but she's not 3 or 4 - she was 9....I couldn't even carry her to the door if I wanted to...physically impossible for me, especially with the disabilities. So, he called the police.

Comment

That's the dumb thing it's never been an issue with the specific expense. But just because I'm taking the kids on a trip it's now an issue.

I also didn't just send a request for $10.00

Like I said there were other expenses that were over $400.00 So her share was around $200.00

Again none of these expenses are S7. Just things we had already agreed upon splitting.

The point of this thread was not looking for sympathy. I just find it funny how such little things can be such an issue sometimes.

Comment

FB, agree with HammerDad and Tayken. Just alternate payment for months, if this is even required, for less interaction with each other. A "milk program" hardly seems required. It's a nice to have, if anything. Cut out the program, and send milk in their lunch.

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
                Well, the police officer responded to his house about the complaint and phoned me from his cell. We had a very...
                We were texting, I was explaining that she didn't want to go and I was having a really hard time getting her to go willingly out the door. His...
                Interesting tangent. Stop texting each other, might be a good idea, to start. You don't need to text about medical bills. Simply send an email, or a registered letter if necessary, with copy of receipt.

Comment

...Again none of these expenses are S7. Just things we had already agreed upon splitting.

The point of this thread was not looking for sympathy. I just find it funny how such little things can be such an issue sometimes.
                  All the more reason to limit interactions with her.

Comment

no point to argue over so small money.

Comment

I have very low expectations of my ex, it makes it very hard to be surprised - Its a good coping mechanism with a lot of people to who are stupid or rude.
                      Low expectations = their idiocy and crappy attitude don't phase you

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                        I have very low expectations of my ex, it makes it very hard to be surprised - Its a good coping mechanism with a lot of people to who are stupid or rude.
                        Low expectations = their idiocy and crappy attitude don't phase you
                        This is why I'm laughing. I'm not mad, angry, upset, or even surprised...It's just plain funny.

You have to wonder what is going on in her head to want to pick a fight over $10.00 for the kids to get milk. If she feels she has won something great.

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                          FB, agree with HammerDad and Tayken. Just alternate payment for months, if this is even required, for less interaction with each other. A "milk program" hardly seems required. It's a nice to have, if anything. Cut out the program, and send milk in their lunch.

Interesting tangent. Stop texting each other, might be a good idea, to start. You don't need to text about medical bills. Simply send an email, or a registered letter if necessary, with copy of receipt.
                          Oh, that never occured to me! I sent many an email, with copies of all the bills. It by far wasn't my first request, it was my desperate last request.

Comment

You have to wonder what is going on in her head to want to pick a fight over $10.00 for the kids to get milk. If she feels she has won something great.

The funny thing is that this has nothing to do with the kidlet's milk money. It has everything to do with control. The Ex likes/wants to think that she's in control of the situation regardless of how insignificant it is ... I know all about HC ex's I was married to one. The things he complains about are ridiculous.

I'm going to be spending the next couple of years in litigation over nonsense.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X