Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 PM

susiecanoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchislife View Post
Well said, KARMASEEKER. Similar situation myself. In year 7 since the separation and the latest issue is my husband having NOT seen his two daughters since December. They didn't show for their Christmas week. Briefly stated it was abitrarily decided it wasn't in their best interest by his Ex wife. Think were @ about $3000 whilst still awating a court date for my husband to defend the charge of....ahhhh...unable to see his children?...not worthy of being a parent?.....ahhhh...Wife no longer wanted him so children should never see him either?......well, not SURE what he's done wrong but he better get his ass to court again because you can get an access order printed up for a mere few thousand but prepare to spend thousands more to force access when an Ex partner's favourite game is parental alienation tactical squad leader!!

Oh, and all that other financial ruin stuff ~~ AGREED!!
Yep, that's how it works, you spend every dime you save to get an order written and a judge who will listen and then you get to spend thousands more trying to enforce it. The onus is after all on YOU to fight for what the judge ordered in the first place. Pardon my ignorance, but WTF?
Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 PM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by susiecanoe View Post
Yes, but who has time when we are bogged down in writing affidavits, tracking all the details of the alienation, filing motion after motion for unpaid child support, asking for help and documenting every detail to the OCL and CAS etc etc Seriously, I was speaking to my lawyers assistant and she said it best, that by the time this system eats you up and chews you out, most are too burnt out to be squeaky wheels, I have been IN COURT for 13 years. I am exhausted, broke both emotionally and financially and there is no justice. Maybe when I retire after paying off all my debt, and my children's university, and their braces and all their needs, when I reach the freedom 95 plan, maybe then I can find time in between the three jobs I hold to actually write a letter.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

You are telling me in 13 years you didn't have time to write 1 letter to your local MP?

I sent 311 emails today. God Bless Cut and Paste.

The politicians are the ONLY ones that can do anything - not your lawyer, not the judge - uh they are getting paid A LOT for the way things are now.

You want change - GET NOISY. If that doesn't work GET NOISY with the newspapers.

I have been on these forums for a relatively short while and I can tell you it is long enough to know that fighting a beast by feeding a beast is a major waste of time. My partner needs to still engage and while he is fighting head on - I am lodging an attack from the back.

The only way ANY country changes is through UNITY and A LOT of NOISE.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 PM

Mominneed is on a distinguished road

I have to say I'm offended by the gender specifics in your letter. My exH drags me into court regularly, refuses to even consider negotiating, harasses me, forges documents, has police charges, CAS reports against him and I still can't get shit out of the courts. Despite doing everything I can to protect myself and my child, going into court is like Russian Roueletter. I'm paying spousal support despite there being no real entitlement (just I make slightly more), I get table amount on "declared" income despite the fact that child is with me 100% of the time and after 2 years, I still have a ways to go before trial. Yes, family court is horrible, but it's not gender specific and I don't think you can even say more often terrible for men. I've met a lot of women struggling through the system - not a dime provided for their children by their deadbeat, sometimes abusive xH's.

Sorry karma, well written but I couldn't help but be angry with notion of difficulties for "men" while I'm in the situation I'm in....
Old 07-20-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mominneed View Post
I have to say I'm offended by the gender specifics in your letter. My exH drags me into court regularly, refuses to even consider negotiating, harasses me, forges documents, has police charges, CAS reports against him and I still can't get shit out of the courts. Despite doing everything I can to protect myself and my child, going into court is like Russian Roueletter. I'm paying spousal support despite there being no real entitlement (just I make slightly more), I get table amount on "declared" income despite the fact that child is with me 100% of the time and after 2 years, I still have a ways to go before trial. Yes, family court is horrible, but it's not gender specific and I don't think you can even say more often terrible for men. I've met a lot of women struggling through the system - not a dime provided for their children by their deadbeat, sometimes abusive xH's.

Sorry karma, well written but I couldn't help but be angry with notion of difficulties for "men" while I'm in the situation I'm in....
My letter is my experience.

Take what ever anger you have for me and you have for your situation and write a letter stating how the family laws are screwing you over and then send it out.

I have provided the links.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:37 PM

I received this lovely response from the office of the PM

"Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister. In your e-mail, you raised an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Robert Nicholson, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully noted. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Nicholson. I am certain that the Minister will wish to give your views every consideration.

For more information on the Government's initiatives, you may wish to visit the Prime Minister's Web site, at Prime Minister of Canada / Premier ministre du Canada.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write."

I'm sure they will forward your letters too.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

You are telling me in 13 years you didn't have time to write 1 letter to your local MP?

I sent 311 emails today. God Bless Cut and Paste.

The politicians are the ONLY ones that can do anything - not your lawyer, not the judge - uh they are getting paid A LOT for the way things are now.

You want change - GET NOISY. If that doesn't work GET NOISY with the newspapers.

I have been on these forums for a relatively short while and I can tell you it is long enough to know that fighting a beast by feeding a beast is a major waste of time. My partner needs to still engage and while he is fighting head on - I am lodging an attack from the back.

The only way ANY country changes is through UNITY and A LOT of NOISE.
You have a point that I cannot argue with. Maybe I think it won't make a difference. But certainly, I will give your comments some serious consideration. What the hell do I have to lose now anyway, I lost my kids to his bullshit alienation and judges who got up on the wrong side of the bed.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
I received this lovely response from the office of the PM

"Thank you for writing to the Prime Minister. In your e-mail, you raised an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Robert Nicholson, Minister of Justice and Attorney General of Canada.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully noted. I have taken the liberty of forwarding your e-mail to Minister Nicholson. I am certain that the Minister will wish to give your views every consideration.

For more information on the Government's initiatives, you may wish to visit the Prime Minister's Web site, at Prime Minister of Canada / Premier ministre du Canada.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write."

I'm sure they will forward your letters too.
Cool. I guess between my three jobs I should start writing letters.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:

You only need to write 1 letter from the heart.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:20 AM

Lorac is on a distinguished road

I totally agree. May May I can identify with you also and all the men going through the same thing. While I may be 61 my only source of income is my pension which is only 1600 a month plus my CPP 485 a month and he's going after $563.00 of that. He's angy, bitter, defames me to anyone who will listen to him. Has called the police on me 2 and I don't even communicate with him. The third time he went to an officer that I've know since he was a baby and told him that I hated him. I'm tired of his games, I refulse to play them, I just want to be left alone and have the few years I have left in peace. I'm mentally exhausted with all of this, if this is what he's trying to accomplish then his job is done... sighhhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-21-2011, 11:44 AM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
poor you, do you do all the jobs at the same time?
Closed Thread