Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2017, 04:12 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Perhaps Janus would like to start a thread ?
Old 05-11-2017, 04:57 PM

Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Women whine that there is a wage gap, but what have women been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a man to get things accomplished.

Raising your children

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2017, 09:12 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

it just saddens me that our system polarizes and makes us men and women so against each other.. apparantly in the best interests of the children.

Last edited by trinton; 05-11-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:31 AM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Please keep your comments on topic, or they will be deleted. If you want to talk about a different topic, start a new thread.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berner_Faith View Post
Raising your children
My response was obviously facetious. Arabian made a very sexist comment, and I just used her words and changed the direction of the sexism. Misandry is just as wrong as misogyny.

That fact that Arabian (and presumably you) found my comments bothersome indicates that I was probably right that Arabian's initial comment was not acceptable.

For posterity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabian the Sexist Pig
Men whine there are no shelters for them. Well what have the men been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a woman to get things accomplished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus the Sketchy Switcherooer
Women whine that there is a wage gap, but what have women been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a man to get things accomplished.
I don't get the "start a new thread" comment from Arabian at all, maybe I missed something?

Anyhow, I won't post any more on this thread, given that Jeff has stepped in.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:47 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Boys Vs. Girls? How old are we? Geez!

Abuse is GENDERLESS!!! Both can be victims.

Jeff himself started a thread not long back about women who sensationalize, brag and show off about abuse. It's a PROBLEM.

Arabian...men would LOVE to do more about it when they are abused. Often times they're just called wimps and the female gets the high fives for sucker punching her b/f in the bar. She's a hero afterwards. If a guy does it he loses his children, house and probably job after getting a record. I'm guessing that's why there's not many shelters for men .... very hard to come forward.

With either gender, it's so important to not keep it quiet. Patterns need to be developed and illustrated for the law to act on the abuse and for more services to be offered.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled View Post
The response of several men on this forum, is to then whine and complain that men have these problems too
We're discussing shelters, how they evolved, and possible reasons that men don't have the same resources. It's a pretty good discussion about serious issues. What's your problem?

Last edited by LovingFather32; 05-12-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:14 PM

I think it's important to point out that the men here aren't "whining" but simply extending the topic.

We're all grateful for the "shelter movement" for females. It stopped a lot of abuse and probably saved lives and improved lives of children. I personally enjoyed the article.

But to say men are "whining" by elaborating the discussion is just instigating trouble .. for no reason. It's relevant, interesting and very current.

The owner of the site started a thread about women who brag about domestic violence here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...iolence-20767/

I for one don't think that he was just "whining" by not being out protesting or starting organizations to prevent it . I think it was an interesting topic dealing with current issues.

Soiled .. we're allowed to discuss things here as long as it's relevant to the thread without being called names because we're not out protesting with signs.

Calling all the men who elaborated maturely on the topic in a relevant manner was very combative and unnecessary.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Wanna know something about 70 percent of these victim of domestic violence cases initiated by women who have children?

Quote:
Divorce is almost never a simple process, and the introduction of protection orders or allegations of abuse instantly increase the complexity of the case, particularly for the purported offender.

While meant to act as a safety mechanism in cases where domestic violence is present, the ease of obtaining an order of protection and the instant benefits it provides the alleging party has created a system ripe for abuse. In fact, up to 70 percent of cases involving allegations of abuse during custody disputes are deemed unnecessary or false.

Clearly, protection orders that are meant to offer protection for those in serious situations are now being used as a weapon to turn the tide in divorce; a weapon that overwhelming targets men.
False Allegations of Abuse Target Men in Divorce | HuffPost

Last edited by trinton; 05-12-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:53 PM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

So you choose to disregard everything I stated and instead focus on complaining about how combative my usage of the word whining is? Indeed, highly mature discussion you are having, full of rich enlightening debate.

I won't bother to continue with this one any further. Besides, I just received a PM thanking me for my posts and validating everything I've said!
Closed Thread