Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2017, 03:30 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Not sure the above "punch line" is an appropriate reference to make on a board dedicated to domestic violence.
I for one am offended by that punch line. It is promoting domestic violence or more importantly rape. No wonder the world is in rough shape with people promoting shit like that.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:36 PM

ifonlyihadknown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
It is promoting domestic violence or more importantly rape.
That's certainly reading a lot into m-chan68's original comment that may, or may not have been tongue-in-cheek.

Promoting rape?!?!? Seriously?

The original comment was about advising young men not to have unprotected sex.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:14 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifonlyihadknown View Post
That's certainly reading a lot into m-chan68's original comment that may, or may not have been tongue-in-cheek.

Promoting rape?!?!? Seriously?

The original comment was about advising young men not to have unprotected sex.
If you haven't noticed people try really hard to get offended now a days. Even though Chan's comment had the word attack anyone with half a brain could see what he was saying....not to have kids .. not to rape or attack someone. Perhaps he could have chosen a better catch phrase....but c'mon...Sheesh!
Old 05-08-2017, 04:24 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

I don't know that I am seriously offended, but I do think it was a rather insensitive comment to make in a thread about women's shelters on a domestic violence forum.

He could have found a better way to get the point across about protection than that comment.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
I don't know that I am seriously offended, but I do think it was a rather insensitive comment to make in a thread about women's shelters on a domestic violence forum.

He could have found a better way to get the point across about protection than that comment.
I would most agree with this outlook. I'm not offended by it because I know what he meant.....but I wouldn't have said it like that.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Hopefully, this thread doesn't end like many others...
Old 05-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Chen good advise to avoid being wrongly and groundlessly accused of domestic violence by our system in the event you have kids and decide to seperate - it's not uncommon for women to abuse this system.

My ex claimed to be too afraid and intimitaed of me to call the police for the alleged violence but was never afraid to call the police to allege harassment(no grounds- showed police the text to prove she started the conversation), to allege I was sending threats by text message (police found them to be text messages regarding access) and to say I went to her house telling her I was going to kill her when I went to serve her with case conference papers (police saw papers in my hand and no charges laid).

I know this is going to upset a lot of women but as stated above women abuse the system all the time - I have experienced this first hand and am ultimately a victim.

Chens comment did not say anything about rape. But now that someone brought up rape .. that sort of reminds me of all those women that accused Ghomeshi of raping them.. meanwhile they're emailing him bicini oictures.. LOL

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.3429429

Note: I am in no way shape or form suggesting all women lie. There are abusive men out there and there are true victims. What I am saying is that there are also many jilted women who abuse this system as a way of revenge.

Last edited by trinton; 05-11-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Thread is about resourcefulness of women many years ago ... no internet... no go-fund-me.

Men whine there are no shelters for them. Well what have the men been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a woman to get things accomplished.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:12 PM

Soiled is on a distinguished road

So... An article is pointed out, about how one woman identified an issue, how domestic violence against women wasn't being taken seriously. To the point that when assaulted in her own home, the police tell the woman to behave.

She decides she wants to do something about it, and gets a group of other woman together, and they go on to create a womans shelter, an idea which has since spread to every other major city in the country, and likely contributed a great deal to identifying domestic violence as a larger issue, and having it taken very seriously today.

The response of several men on this forum, is to then whine and complain that men have these problems too, and its not fair that they don't have the same resources.... Congratulations on completely missing the point of the OP's post, however since its been derailed anyways... Ironically its lost on them that the stories posted about the experiences of their friends are rather similar in how they were received by the authorities, to that of a story in the article.

It only took 11 women to found that first shelter as pointed out in the article. So if you truly believe its such an issue, get off your asses, quit whining on internet forums about how its not fair, and follow in their footsteps. Finding another 10 like minded men shouldn't be difficult. The tools and resources available to you are leaps and bounds better than what they had access to, so it shouldn't be an issue for you to accomplish at least as much as they did.

Further, lets not pretend that men are somehow better than woman, and that no man would abuse those systems if he could get the same results as the occasional woman who does, in order to get an upper hand in custody battles. Given equal resources, both sexes will be just as horrible to each other in pursuit of their own selfish agendas.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:38 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Men whine there are no shelters for them. Well what have the men been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a woman to get things accomplished.
Women whine that there is a wage gap, but what have women been doing all these years? Just goes to show it takes a man to get things accomplished.
Closed Thread