Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 09:18 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough
Default Women's Shelter in Toronto: glimpse of past

I found this article today and thought some might find it interesting:

How Canada's 1st Women's Shelters Saved Women From Their Husbands

During times when there was no internet/cell phones. Amazing women who spearheaded this. Cudos to them.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:27 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

Interesting article. Provides the statistics for both men and women who are abused in their lifetime. Too bad family court can't get with the program and instead takes dangerous situations and makes them even more so.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:14 AM

Newfie76 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Violence is violence...no matter who it comes from...no matter what the statistics say, violence is violence, from man or women. Today there are women shelters in every Canadian city...and only 0 mens shelters across Canada. None in my city....at least when I needed one. Many a night I wandered the street because I had no where to go...My wife had broken many a plate across my body...once cutting the back of my head....no shelter for men, no police backing me up, no one to take my side.

To bad soceity supports a one sided argument.

Support of equal rights....means supporting Equal Rights.....and NOT feminist rights.

Support Shelters for men too!!!

http://equalitycanada.com/cause/violenceagainstmen/

Old 05-03-2017, 11:29 AM

ifonlyihadknown is on a distinguished road

The only statistics I saw were, "Rates of police-reported domestic violence have fallen over time, like most other violent crimes. Still Statistics Canada figures show 163 Canadians were killed by a family member in 2015 and 86,000 reported family violence to police."

Would have been nice to see a bit more.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:30 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw a video that most interpreted as "funny" on facebook yesterday. It was of a girl coming beside a guy at a bar and sucker punching him in the jaw. The guy dropped to the ground and everybody started high fiving her. Turns out it was a dare.
The guy who was punched was in the comments section being called a p*&&y and he police laughed it off, saying he should go to the gym more. The girl is now a local celebrity. getting high fives wherever she goes for being tough.

7 or so years ago my friend was in an abusive relationship. She burned a cigarette butt on his arm in his sleep, often tried to strangle him when there was nothing physical going on and much more. We were at a restaurant one night and she got mad at him for wanting to leave and gave him a black eye...I watched it. My buddy was so embarrassed he started to tear up. They broke up that night. A waitress who observed everything called the police.

I couldn't believe my eyes when the police had a belly laugh over the black eye. He patted my buddy on the back, said "tough night huh buddy"? Had a tiny convo with his g/f with a half smile then left.

If this were a man sucker punching, burning with cigarettes, strangling women .. things would go down so much differently.

I believe in the word "equality"...but in all senses of the word. Things need to change.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:23 PM

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

too many women abuse this system to get an advantage in custody disputes including my former spouse - women can be very evil.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinton View Post
too many women abuse this system to get an advantage in custody disputes including my former spouse - women can be very evil.
Just try not to generalize. So many amazing women out there.

Men can be pricks and manipulate the hell out of things too.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:32 PM

m-chan68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
Just try not to generalize. So many amazing women out there.

Men can be pricks and manipulate the hell out of things too.
Yes, there are a lot of stand up women. The current partner I'm with, is one of them, along with MANY out there.

Unfortunately, being the victim of being with a "woman" who falls perfectly under the same category described by trinton myself, makes it very difficult to have a positive attitude about women in general.

And the previous three posts, only further add fuel to fire about a growing number of poor attitudes men have of women in general. I for one, try to encourage the young men, not to marry or have children so they'll never have to go through what I'm going through.

My punch line to young guys? "Wrap your whacker before you attack her" (as in use a condom).
Old 05-07-2017, 09:11 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post

My punch line to young guys? "Wrap your whacker before you attack her" (as in use a condom).
Not sure the above "punch line" is an appropriate reference to make on a board dedicated to domestic violence.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Not sure the above "punch line" is an appropriate reference to make on a board dedicated to domestic violence.
So McDreamy .. what's your stance on men having more shelters and resources available to them?
Closed Thread