Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 11:47 PM

Duped is on a distinguished road
Default In the spirit of sharing...

My ex bought a new jeep while bankrupt and purchased a home only days after discharge, go figure.

Duped
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 AM

Duped is on a distinguished road
Default Perspective

To put that in perspective, my son and I are surviving off of the food bank! Really getting tiled of soup and toast. <still shaking head>

Duped
Old 12-11-2006, 07:30 AM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Duped,

as you mentioned,

Quote:
To put that in perspective, my son and I are surviving off of the food bank! Really getting tiled of soup and toast. <still shaking head>
If your not receiving child support for your child, you should bring forth an action. I really do suspect that you will be successful in receiving same.

Quote:
My ex bought a new jeep while bankrupt and purchased a home only days after discharge, go figure.
It does make you wonder how one could accomplish such in light of the circumstances. Regardless if ones goes bankrupt, support of a child is a paramount consideration.

lv
Old 12-11-2006, 04:27 PM

Decent Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadofTwoGirls
Decent Dad,
The original question or focus of this thread was about the global merits of shared parenting and forced shared parenting.
I have stated this several times... you cannot:

a) force people to be parents
b) force people to have better work ethics
c) legislate good people

You cannot put a gun to someone's head and tell them to be an involved parent... BUT... you can put a gun to someone's head under the current laws. And that head is usually the divorced Dad. The courts are biased/slanted towards mothers regarding access, custody, final decisions, mobility, schedules, etc. And they are brutal against the paying parent (usually the Dad).

If the law was shared parenting; you could always opt out. But why should I have to blow my life savings to be win back my involvment? So under the current legislation, the non-involved parent can walk away. The involved parent is screwed. If the law was changed, the un-involved parent can still walk away. But at least the involved parent has something to back them up.

Finally, I guess I can't figure out our society. We want parents involved in their kids. Mothers always complaining about Dad's not helping in day-to-day. Women wanting careers. And so on. Yet in Divorce... we revert back to 1950 and it's winner take all. Simply mind boggling.

Laws and government shape our society. Church too. And the community. We get our morale and pride of citizenship from the community we are in. Do we run around and shoot each other daily. No. Do we rob each other daily no. There are societal accepted norms and no-no's. Yet in divorce it is kill or be killed. We are saying it is socially acceptable to destory parenting relationships - unless you have the cash, stamina, and luck to prove otherwise. So odd.
Closed Thread