Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slughead10 View Post
im in ban us both.....especially since i use bad words......

my lawyer is on holiday till end of august and i will provide my file number then all of you can read the whole sad story of how the evil slug ended up with custody of my 4 kids.

the only beef i have with the system are its bias toward females and the high cost of lawyers.

i did take the justices advice and drop the mater of cs and saved my money and his time.

you can present all the arguments you want the system is biased, maybe it is slowly changing but that is not happening quickly enough. i still hear the way the staff that administer our system carry on and they are part of the problem too.

its going to take a generation to change the way people think and women's groups are going to fight the whole way to protect their turf...and use government funding to do it......
I really have hard time to understand how someone can not have (I am not even say to remember) their file number (I knew it even before I had lawyer when I was served with application). File number exists on each form which goes to continuing record... every affidavit etc.

WD
Old 07-23-2012, 11:32 AM

WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road

Quote:
i did read your case and it is very interesting.....now ask yourself this if the situation was reversed would your ex have had to put up the fight you did?

that is biased........
did I said it's not ? ...
Old 07-23-2012, 11:34 AM

cbarker78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the only beef i have with the system are its bias toward females and the high cost of lawyers.
I only agree with the high price of lawyers.... it's insane what this group charges!!!

Quote:
...you can present all the arguments you want the system is biased, maybe it is slowly changing but that is not happening quickly enough. i still hear the way the staff that administer our system carry on and they are part of the problem too.
and those who roll over and die are doing nothing to speed up the process of change ***note*** i am NOT implying you specifically slug!! Change unto itself is a slow process, people get comfortable and set in their ways....

Quote:
its going to take a generation to change the way people think and women's groups are going to fight the whole way to protect their turf...and use government funding to do it......
I disagree about the women's groups comment.... some women's groups that I am a part of are also advocating for these changes. We recognize that dad's are just as important in our children's lives and need to step up to the plate and actually be more than EOW dads!! Just among my own social circles, I hear a lot of mom's (myself included) who say we would love a 50/50 arrangement but *he* won't take anything more than EOW!! I have no idea why, but that's just the way it is......

Yes, change is slow..... There is only "bias" to those who perpetuate it. Those (like WD) who are standing up and saying no to the "old" status quo are the ones who are MAKING the changes in the system. Those like Resourceful ((just based on his prior posts)) are not contributing any value to the system and appear to be the ones who are just rolling over..... Like I teach my children, "you get what you fight for"
Old 07-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
im in ban us both.....especially since i use bad words......
Censorship is what they are requesting slughead10.

Quote:
my lawyer is on holiday till end of august and i will provide my file number then all of you can read the whole sad story of how the evil slug ended up with custody of my 4 kids.
I recall you said your file is small. I would assume you have copies of it on your person somewhere. Court file numbers are on all the documentation including your summary judgement you claim to have gotten.

Also, if you did obtain custody and access on a summary judgement this is a huge president which should be posted to CanLII. There are very few postings in CanLII regarding custody and access and summary judgements. It would also be one of the first in a custody and access dispute.

Quote:
Interesting you state this but, have custody of your 4 children apparently...

Quote:
i did take the justices advice and drop the mater of cs and saved my money and his time.
More people need to walk away from petty arguments before the court. Especially when recommended at a Conference by a judge.

Quote:
you can present all the arguments you want the system is biased, maybe it is slowly changing but that is not happening quickly enough. i still hear the way the staff that administer our system carry on and they are part of the problem too.
With all systems of government and law progress is slow. It may not change at the rapid pace you want it to but, there are reasons it takes time. There are a lot of systemic problems in Family Law. The whole system needs change but, in my opinion it needs more alignment to the health care system and not more "law". (I have expressed this in numerous threads.)

Quote:
It took generations to change the concept of law that children were the property of the father and chattels.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
i am not a lawyer but i did not get summary judgement? it might be something else...i will ask
It sounds like you got an uncontested judgement and not a summary judgement. Someone has to put forward a motion and request a summary judgement.

Reason being... The other party didn't show up but, a lawyer did. After two years of nothing something had to be done. Depending on the path taken before the court it could very well be an uncontested judgement in the matter.

Hard to say without court file number.
Closed Thread