Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2010, 11:03 PM

vts is on a distinguished road
Default Solution for shared parenting

I open a new topic as my last one went into a wrong direction. The Australian article is more about children, not parents, and how do children accommodate to shared parenting. (Read Case study: Read Mia's sad story)
I have a solution: children to stay at the same residence and parents to move. If you want to have 50% then you do the effort, and don’t ask the child/children to do this for your convenience.
To the argument that it is not realistic the answer is: not so long ago (20years?) a child continuously commuting from a residence to another was not realistic.
As a child I would have hate such regimen. I loved my room that was my little “residence”. There I had my piano and my guitar, my books and my projects. I would have hated commuting all the time.
I simply cannot ask a child to do what I would not do.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts View Post
I open a new topic as my last one went into a wrong direction. The Australian article is more about children, not parents, and how do children accommodate to shared parenting. (Read Case study: Read Mia's sad story)
I have a solution: children to stay at the same residence and parents to move. If you want to have 50% then you do the effort, and don’t ask the child/children to do this for your convenience.
To the argument that it is not realistic the answer is: not so long ago (20years?) a child continuously commuting from a residence to another was not realistic.
As a child I would have hate such regimen. I loved my room that was my little “residence”. There I had my piano and my guitar, my books and my projects. I would have hated commuting all the time.
I simply cannot ask a child to do what I would not do.
Wrong direction? LOL... The participants of your previous thread shared their views based on modern information.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:40 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Wrong direction? Not sure I see that in the civil manner which issues revolving people who are considering it were discussed.....oh wait, it went in a way which you disagree with, oh I get it......
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

This is the 'nesting' arrangement. If the parents are very cooperative AND trusting AND have deep pockets (to maintain 3 homes) AND their new partners are VERY accommodating AND new partners don't have children of their own... then sure, it can work.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vts View Post
This is also one instance and one side of the story. So I wouldn't call it a case study, more of a statement by one parent who doesn't agree with their outcome.
Closed Thread