Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM

baclayton is on a distinguished road
Default Small claims tomorrow- sued by lawyer

So tomorrow is small claims court, settlement conference, where the shady lawyer is suing me. I have a complaint filed and ongoing investigation with LSUC but still she tries to bully me. Can anyome give me any advice or suggestions on being sued by a shady and corrupt lawyer? And do I have a chance seen as we are kinda in her playground in court really? Im kinda nervous, even though I know that I am not in the wrong here. She forged a friggin document and we have a friggin contract! Plus i have a voice recording of her misconduct. Any help appreciated
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

does the signature look like yours? Take several samples of your signature to disprove. Mention that you do have a complaint against them with the LSUC and would like to wait until after that is dealt with before going to a trial in small claims court. Keep your composure and dont start arguing with the lawyer.

Not sure if this is doable but I wonder if it would be worth it to have a handwriting expert compare the signatures? If it goes to trial and you win, you can get that cost covered.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Good luck and make sure you have copies of all your docs in at least triplicate. Refrain of course from using the word "shady." Actually refrain from using *any* descriptive passages/words that sound confrontational.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 PM

Any idea what sort of thing happens here? Kinda against the ropes before a judge in her territory. Im getting more nervous by the minute lol
Old 01-31-2013, 10:22 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

Try not to worry so much. She will present her argument. You will present yours. No one is expecting you to sound or act like a Lawyer.

Be calm, speak clearly and have documentation at the ready to back up your claims. Bring copies of your LSUC Materials as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:32 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Someone just sent me this.
It's so funny, it's called I'm Billing Time

It's about Lawyers billing time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TkuZ5oI9uY

Last edited by involveddad75; 01-31-2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: additional information.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

When you get to the courthouse, check in with the girls at the small claims counter and see where the SC's are being held that day. Find your hallway/room, and check in (there will be a court officer there), just give her/him your name/file no.

Then you wait in the halls.. depending on what time they have your file set for. There will be several other people there waiting as well - they set 5-6 cases for the same time, and then the judge takes you in at his discretion, in his order. They tend to pull the files that have legal representation there first, so you will likely be one of the first called in.

You will be in a room with just the judge and the other party. There will be no one else in attendance. You'll have an opportunity to present your side, the other party will present theirs. The judge will give you both his opinion, and will make an attempt to help the two of you reach a settlement. Don't panic.

eta: oops, I should add, you don't have to settle/agree to anything tomorrow. This is simply an opportunity to be in front of a judge, have both sides heard, and try to come to an agreement to settle.

Last edited by mcdreamy; 01-31-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:01 AM

Thanks Mcdreamy... I doubt it will be settled tomorrow too. She is suing a pile of clients, so though I am alone tomorrow, she is bullying more than me. If u read my other posts regarding this issue, u will see what I am dealing with. I am hoping to just show from the evidence, her true colors.

Last edited by baclayton; 02-01-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: To add- just scary to go up against a lawyer... In Court lol
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baclayton View Post
Thanks Mcdreamy... I doubt it will be settled tomorrow too. She is suing a pile of clients, so though I am alone tomorrow, she is bullying more than me. If u read my other posts regarding this issue, u will see what I am dealing with. I am hoping to just show from the evidence, her true colors.
I know when I had mine the other party tried to bring a large soft drink in from a fast food place, the judge made him leave it outside the door. So just your papers in and you go in no timmies coffee.

This isnt a full blown case but I know at mine the judge recommended to the other party that they settle with me. It did go to trial and they did lose.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Mcdreamy your personal folder is full can't reply to your message.
Closed Thread