Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2009, 06:22 PM

representingself is on a distinguished road
Default Shocking.....murdered because of child support...

A former airline baggage handler upset at having to pay his ex-girlfriend child support took their 4-year-old daughter for a walk along the Palos Verdes Peninsula and hurled the child off a 120-foot cliff to her death, a prosecutor told jurors Tuesday.

Jurors hear contrasting views of man accused of killing daughter -- latimes.com

Man convicted of drowning son over child support

FULLERTON, Calif.—An Orange County father has been convicted of murdering his 4-year-old son by drowning him in a bathtub.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_1...nclick_check=1

There are tons of cases out there for this....
Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

yes and we will heard of more case like that as some people do lose it at times. It is sad to see but the law need to threat both women and man equally. In the past the women were treated unfairly, now the pendulum has swung the other way. A just balance is needed in the law.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:48 AM

About_Time is on a distinguished road

This has nothing to do with the inequity of CS laws. I agree they are unfair, but I would never toss my kid off a cliff because of it.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Stargate is on a distinguished road

Jesus Christ, I agree the CS laws are screwed up but I would NEVER in a millions years bring harm to any of my children. That's f$%ked up people doing some real f$%ked up things.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

I would not do that, you would not do that neither. But there is some people that just needs this to find either an excuse or actually lose it. It is sad to say but I know of some cases. Its only take a few!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:42 PM

got2bkid is on a distinguished road

Custody issues have to be looked at seriously in this country. When 2 people divorce the love between the adults is gone, but not between the adults and the children. Giving one adult custody and reducing the other to a visitor in their children's lives is HUGLY traumatic for 100's of thousands in this country. Most people are "stable" and learn to live with this loss silently.

For the VERY unstable, it seems to be the "straw that breaks the camels back". Both men and women do horrendus things when they are suddenly seperated from their kids. This is NOT and EXCUSE or in ANY way understandable, I am just pointing out a very horrific pattern we hear about through the media.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Stargate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bkid View Post
custody issues have to be looked at seriously in this country. When 2 people divorce the love between the adults is gone, but not between the adults and the children. Giving one adult custody and reducing the other to a visitor in their children's lives is hugly traumatic for 100's of thousands in this country................
+1000000000000000
Old 10-23-2009, 01:59 AM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Simply Horrific
Old 10-23-2009, 08:43 AM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree. I think requiring each parent to attend a few counselling sessions would help to prevent some of these tragedies. It is a horrible thing to lose (or feel like you are losing) the very person you love most, especially when you are already feeling down from a divorce. At least then there might be the chance to identify these people who are unstable and offer them help.

I don't know how they would do it, especially in cases that are settled out of court, but something needs to be done.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 AM

canniiee is on a distinguished road

WTF??!?! This is INSANE! Totally shocking, and sad.
Closed Thread