Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2016, 12:58 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Insane how this works.

On the other side I can tell you about something that used to happen to single women:

When I was a young teenager I worked at the Hudson's Bay Company part-time. I was blown away that at that time a woman could not get a credit card if she was married - had to be under her husband's name even if the woman had a job! Also, if you were a single mature woman your chances of getting a credit card were pretty well non-existent.

Fast forward 30 years. When I separated I had a difficult time getting car insurance under my name as it had always been under my husband's name. I never thought much about this as my husband had been dealing with the same insurance company/agency for decades and when we were married he simply added me onto his policy. I was only able to get insurance as I personally happened know the owner of an insurance agency.

It would not surprise me in the least to find out that there still exists a bias in credit granting (typically credit granting banks and department stores give points for marital status but they just don't tell you about it....they will instead say that they look at household income.... lame).
Old 10-21-2016, 01:09 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Assuming your girlfriend also believes the money should go to you and not her, she can call them and explain that the child is not hers to recieve CCTB for as she is nit the parent and direct them to send the money to you rather than her.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

This is analogous to apartheid. State institutionalized discrimination....

This is the government OPENLY saying Mothers are Parents and fathers are not.

This is just another SMALL example of what it takes to be a father today.

This is what happens when there are only feminist government funded groups to fight for rights of women and none to help men.

I believe though this can actually be contested in a court of law and won on the basis of discrimination. If this ever happens to me, I would have contested it in court if necessary.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:19 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

The problem of child benefits in shared custody - Macleans.ca
Old 10-21-2016, 10:41 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

I have been asked to prove I am eligible for these child tax benefits twice now in last few years, the first time i had to mail them the same documents back 3 times before they gave in, second time I just sent in the letter from the school and my court order of primary residence, and filled out the forms best I could and they never contested.

I am a bit confused on this issue, so is it that women do not have to go through this ordeal? Just men?
Old 10-22-2016, 08:45 PM

hopefull is on a distinguished road

Yes...because Mom knows best

Quote:
Originally Posted by undersc0re View Post
I have been asked to prove I am eligible for these child tax benefits twice now in last few years, the first time i had to mail them the same documents back 3 times before they gave in, second time I just sent in the letter from the school and my court order of primary residence, and filled out the forms best I could and they never contested.

I am a bit confused on this issue, so is it that women do not have to go through this ordeal? Just men?
Old 10-22-2016, 09:49 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by undersc0re View Post

A woman I work with just went through this even though she has had primary (court ordered) custody for the last three years and the father has every other weekend etc. She is not sure why she had to do it this year but after some back and forth she got it sorted out.

so its not just gender bias.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:55 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Thats messed up! I am kind of in disbelief about this. Although I am expecting to be questioned about my childs residence with me again by the tax guys within 2 yrs of the last one, just because thats the way it goes!

On a somewhat similar note,
I returned a call to the family maintenance enforcement office yesterday, I said to the lady, "I am returning a call to a woman who left me a msg a few min ago". She asked my info and said thats funny I can't find you in here, she asked more details....and finally said there must be a problem...pause...oh are you the recipient or payor sir? I said the recipient and she said oh ok, thats the problem. She pulled my info 2 seconds later...lol she assumed because I am a male, I was the payor....well I am assuming that is what the initial problem was. Same sort of thing happened to me with the clerk at the courthouse 3 months ago. It is kind of funny how their voice and attitude changes when they find out you have primary residence and care of the children....

Edit** just read above post, nice to know we all get questioned at least once...the tax people probably always say it is random, I am sure there are other reasons...

Last edited by undersc0re; 10-22-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:41 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

I know she had to submit her court order, proof of where the child goes to school and some other stuff. She just couldn't understand why it was an issue this time. I told her to expect this to happen again due to the experiences other people on this forum have had with this issue.
Old 10-23-2016, 01:51 AM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

It's not just divorced families...

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...ist-again.html