Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2013, 06:15 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by knackered View Post
My GF and I BARELY make ends meet/ use credit cards to survive!
Sorry, but you are an idiot.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:15 PM

Justice4us is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all your replies and feedback. I did not want to get into numbers originally, but at the moment I pay my ex $1800 per month in basic child support for two children and this does not include extra-curricular activities or any childcare expenses. If I get a raise my payment automatically goes up in conjunction with the tabled amounts so that I can never get ahead. She can make as much as humanly possible and it makes no difference whatsoever. She also gets all the tax breaks but I do not because I am the 'payor'. I pay taxes on the money I give while the ex gets it tax-free. In addition, my new wife will no longer be receiving child tax benefits or be entitled to a tax refund because of my income. We get screwed every which way because ON PAPER I make too much money...nobody cares what I am left with AFTER I make all of my mandatory payments.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:25 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How unbelievable EX makes $60,000 a year, $1,100 a month from me, $466 free government money a month.

Then GF makes $20,000 a year, $200 child support money a month, and $80 government benefit
I am not sure how this makes you frustrated?

What education does your EX have? Obviously she is earning her potential. Perhaps she should make $20,000 a year and apply for spousal support payments??

You are mad because your EX makes good money to support herself? Wow.

Maybe your GF should work more if you are not surviving. You CHOSE to get into a common law relationship. Obviously your combined incomes are great if she is only getting $80 a month benefit and you are paying $1100 a month child support. You must make 6 figures.

Own up to the choices you have made.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 09-29-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:29 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4us View Post
We get screwed every which way because ON PAPER I make too much money...nobody cares what I am left with AFTER I make all of my mandatory payments.
Why don't you tell us?

I am assuming by the child support payment you are about $80,000 a year.

My ex is currently earning about the same. He pays $1040 in child support and an amount of spousal amount on top. He found a girlfriend with a good job and no kids. Smart guy. LOL.

Sorry, I agree with Qrious. If you could not afford your first family, you should not have gotten involved with a second.

Last edited by SadAndTired; 09-29-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Error in numbers
Old 09-29-2013, 06:30 PM

SRT is on a distinguished road

Ex has credentials and the ability to work full-time or to have a second part-time job as we have 1 child - s11. Shared custody with offset support table amounts. She has a lot of time off to enjoy salons, gyms, socializing, participating in class trips and there is no need to work anymore as she is also supported by her new common-law. Sometimes it is extremely hard for myself to enjoy free time with our boy, family or to even have some personal downtime due to my work schedule. If I was to choose a more laid back lifestyle, part-time work and decreased income level, I am sure that I would be looked at as the deadbeat who is not supporting their child. Another situation that does not seem fair, but you keep moving forward.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Justice4us is on a distinguished road

Dear 'SadAndTired',

I make a good income and so does my ex...thanks to me for paying both of our post-secondary expenses.
You are obviously on the receiving end so of course you would say it's all fine and dandy.
I am taking care of things just fine, thank you...I am entitled to move on with my life just as much as she is. I am talking about injustice and misuse of funds, but of course you would not understand that unless you were a payor yourself.
Sorry, you did not mention how much you make...???
Old 09-29-2013, 08:14 PM

takeontheworld has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4us View Post
Dear 'SadAndTired',

I make a good income and so does my ex...thanks to me for paying both of our post-secondary expenses.
You are obviously on the receiving end so of course you would say it's all fine and dandy.
I am taking care of things just fine, thank you...I am entitled to move on with my life just as much as she is. I am talking about injustice and misuse of funds, but of course you would not understand that unless you were a payor yourself.
Sorry, you did not mention how much you make...???
Please dont go there. I am not a payor or a payee. I think there are serious flaws in the system. We discuss this at work with my happily married colleagues who also agree. I have a payee friend who admits to occassionally using some cs to buy herself a new outfit. I give her credit for being honest.

I think those that have some crazy sense of entitlement ate the only ones that believe the system is fair.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:29 PM

knackered is on a distinguished road

I make $51,000 gross income......not six figures....
Old 09-29-2013, 08:33 PM

knackered is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadAndTired View Post
I am not sure how this makes you frustrated?

What education does your EX have? Obviously she is earning her potential. Perhaps she should make $20,000 a year and apply for spousal support payments??

You are mad because your EX makes good money to support herself? Wow.

Maybe your GF should work more if you are not surviving. You CHOSE to get into a common law relationship. Obviously your combined incomes are great if she is only getting $80 a month benefit and you are paying $1100 a month child support. You must make 6 figures.

Own up to the choices you have made.

My point was that my Ex is in a common law relationship/their household makes more income than us....but because she claims "separated" on her taxes, she is receiving extra benefit money from the government....

My GF and I are honest/claim common-law.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:40 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
My point was that my Ex is in a common law relationship/their household makes more income than us....but because she claims "separated" on her taxes, she is receiving extra benefit money from the government....

My GF and I are honest/claim common-law.
umm then tell your gf to get out there and work full time instead of part time?