Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 11:34 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

I'm still steaming over that piece of s**t.

No doubt she has invited a huge response from parents that disagree with an approach that works for her and her ex, who live hundreds of miles from one another b/w Montreal and Toronto.

I guess she failed to see that her approach is absolutely nonsensical for the many (tens of?) thousands of co-operative separated parents who live around the block from one another because they realize that those kind of living arrangement compromises (where child comes before career) make 50/50 shared parenting highly workable.

Projecting her unique situation where the two of them have chosen to live so far apart onto everyone else who put their child's proximity to them ahead of their career (or whatever other selfish reason that caused them to live so far apart) is reprehensible.

Shame on her.

Last edited by dadtotheend; 06-15-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

The median is tendering further views...
Old 06-15-2010, 11:43 PM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
Blah blah blah...Holy tender years doctrine.

And there are some things that Dads do better than Moms, like throwing a baseball.

OK, set up the law to provide for mandatory 50/50 access when the child turns one. And when the child gets to age 7, keep him/her with Dad for a year in order to round them into sports shape...because Mom throws like a girl.

Did those researchers also find that some mothers' motivation in breastfeeding well past a year old was not to bond with their children, but to increase the amount of child support they received? Nice character attack thrown in there to cement your argument Tasha.
Yeah, exactly, she's all for the breast to the bottle campaign, when there are thousands of baby's that don't breast feed at all, or mom pumps, today more than ever, as mom is a as busy with career as dad.

Then there is the status quo argument, now that baby has been with mom over that last year, so we can't change routine now! Ahh, the crap reasons are still the same. Oh, and they still have to through in that "dads don't want to pay CS". What about all the moms that don't want to give up all that CS? That goes both ways, or so you would think?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:03 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Link into the article. She gets blasted by everyone who commented on it.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:01 AM

SillyMe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadtotheend View Post
Link into the article. She gets blasted by everyone who commented on it.
Link to the full comment....
Old 06-16-2010, 11:32 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Did anyone read this comment:

Quote:
THere are few involved fathers compared to mothers.The only thing most of the dad are loking for is the reduction in child support.If give a choice between seing their children with child suoport and not seeing them with no child support majority will pick not to pay and not to see .
Its natural that mothers have more emotions and are more responsible when it comes to their children

I rarely hope violence on anyone, but I really hope this lady gets a kick in the head someday.

All men want is a reduction in child support? FU!!! I want to be a material part and influence on my daughters life. Right now, due to not having any substantial time with my daughter, I cannot. I would happily continue to pay full support even if I did have 50/50. It is about my relationship, not money. And for her comment that most dads would choose not to pay support and not see their child if given the option is complete BS. The vast majority of men are involved in their childs life and pay their support. It is only a small percentage of deadbeats that give the rest of us that do what we are supposed to do that give us a bad name.

As for having more emotions and generally being more capable parents, but I thought we are all equals.....oh, right...we are only equals when it benefits you, not when its the other way around....hypocrit.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:16 PM

SillyMe is on a distinguished road

Heh, heh...who would have thought there would be a back peddling Part II

I just love when people have no idea about the court system. Yeah right, lets go to court every year. Hell, it takes a year in court just to get started...
Old 06-16-2010, 02:30 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry all of the good dads were subject to that article. it was a piece of spewed garbage.

I'm not sure if I support the bill yet. I am more worried about what sorts of "proof" would be needed to change the situation from equal parenting to something different.

Most of you know I came from an abusive relationship. I choose not to call the police, so my "proof" can only come from my sworn affidavit and from what I told the women's shelter and counsellors. Is that enough to change the automatic shared parenting, shared custody? How exactly do you quantify what is enough?

I think if this goes through there will be A LOT more unnecessary court time with parents fighting to get something different. While it could be a very good thing for many families, there are others who should not have shared parenting (abuse and PA situations) that are going to be forced to prove something that really is common sense.

Last edited by billiechic; 06-16-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-16-2010, 03:01 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMe View Post
Heh, heh...who would have thought there would be a back peddling Part II

I just love when people have no idea about the court system. Yeah right, lets go to court every year. Hell, it takes a year in court just to get started...
I do agree with her that there should be a sliding scale, but I am pretty sure that the new bill takes it into consideration.

Also, share parenting should actually help ELIMINATE her concerns about different house schedules as each parent will see how these changes affect the child and are more likely to work together towards a common schedule that best suits the child (in the small percentage of instances where the child is very young).

Anyway, I don't like the idea that I am not going to be treated as an equal just because I didn't give birth to the child I helped create.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:27 PM

LostFather is on a distinguished road
Default Bill C 422

Well I got a typical political response from my MP concerning the bill, but at least he responded I guess. Below is his response:

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Bill C-422. I am always happy to respond to the questions and concerns of my constituents.

Bill C-422 is still being reviewed by the Government and a position has not been taken at this time. We believe that strong families are the foundation of our society and that the best interests of the child are paramount. Clearly, the "best interests of the child" is a fundamental principle of family law not only in Canada, but in many countries around the world.

Our Government is committed to promoting positive outcomes for the entire family during separation or divorce. Since parents usually understand their children better than anyone else, our Government strongly encourages parents cooperate to make parenting arrangements in their children's best interests.

Further, we have been working closely with the provinces and territories to help them. For example, as part of the five-year Supporting Families Experiencing Separation and Divorce Initiative (SFI) that began on April 1, 2009, the Government of Canada is providing financial assistance to the provinces and territories for family justice services such as parent education and mediation. The Government is continuing to work closely with the provinces and territories to ensure that Canada's family laws are as fair as possible to all parties. We believe that strong families are the foundation of our society and that the best interests of the child are paramount.

Thank you again for taking the time to write regarding this issue. If you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Yours sincerely,

Gary Goodyear, P.C., M.P.