Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

lol Mess.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, your opinion is only relevant in regards to your own reproductive rights. Other people have the right to decide medical decisions as they see fit for their lives.

Simply put, if you don't believe in having an abortion...don't have one. Other women get to make their own choices.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:43 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Of course no one will like what I have to say here,

Everyone should not be forced to have an abortion, but why should every man be on the hook for CS should they disagree with having a child?

It's real easy to say "your choice was putting it in her in the first place".

But you have to be realistic. This is not a man's decision to make (abortion) - and it can be thought of as unfair that men should be held responsible for someone else's decision.

It is what is, however.

I don't see any other way, other than the way we have.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:43 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Women have a choice whether or not to carry an unintended pregnancy to term - men have a choice whether or not to take the risk of getting a pregnancy started in the first place. Seems pretty simple to me. The alternative is forcing women to carry pregnancies to term, or forcing them to terminate pregnancies. That's abhorrent.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:51 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
Women have a choice whether or not to carry an unintended pregnancy to term - men have a choice whether or not to take the risk of getting a pregnancy started in the first place.
Woman have the same choice to abstain from sex with respect to unintended pregnancy. Men do not have the same choice to abort.

So we agree?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Men do not have the same choice to abort.
When science develops enough that men can be impregnated by a woman, have to carry a fetus for 40 weeks and give birth, then I agree they should have the same biological rights over their own bodies that women have. Until that time, there is a difference based on a very significant gender-specific, biological distinction.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 AM

FightingForFamily will become famous soon enough

Agreed. Why do people always "blame" men for sex and pregnancy? It takes two, and the women has just as much responsibility for her decision to have sex. Yet 0.1 seconds after the sex is done, the women has all the rights... the right to decide on the fate of the child, the right to claim her sexual partner's money for the next 20 years. This is feminism, not equality.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:27 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

um.... often the woman does bear the responsibility for her actions, particularly when the dude takes off, never to be heard from again. Do you think that is why there are so many teen pregnancy programs around the country attended by teenage girls?

I guess it's a matter of "you play ... you pay" FOR BOTH PEOPLE.

I don't see this as feminism, rather a taste of reality.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:36 AM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

Men have a choice whether they want to donate blood or a kidney to sustain another life.

Women have a similar choice whether to donate their body for nine months to sustain anther life.

We have the right to control our own bodies. That is true for both men and women.

The decision made according to who impregnated whom or whether child support will have to be paid.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Its an interesting article though, alot of debate and opinion.
When it comes down to it though currently a Man must decide before having sex with a woman if he wishes for a chance to have a child and be responsible for it forever, but a woman can do as she wishes. If initial birth control fails she can chose to have an abortion and use that as a form of birth control after the fact. Whereas once fertilized a man loses all rights. So really, women can sleep around if they wish and can deal with all consequences however they want where as a man cannot.

I have seen several things to help with my opinion.
4 Women I know have chosen to keep a child when the father wanted nothing to do with it, they have not gone after him and continued with their lives. They have gone onto having (so far) successful marriages and the new man has been so far great. In doing so the mother has not had the stress of trying to force a dad who wants nothing to do with this child in her life and always fighting and has been able to move on with her life and be happier for her child.
Whereas if you spend so much time and effort fighting to make someone responsible and make someone pay when you don't want them in the childs life and they don't want to be in the childs life it creates a huge stress for you and holds you back from moving forward with your life.

Though men do not have to deal with having an abortion and all that comes along with it, we do not have a choice to go through it. I am sure many men would go through the process if we were physically able to so that they did not have a child, but just as a woman is the carrier of the fetus, and can undo the decision they made, a man cannot undo it and is responsible no matter what.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
If initial birth control fails she can chose to have an abortion and use that as a form of birth control after the fact. Whereas once fertilized a man loses all rights.
Quote:
...a man cannot undo it and is responsible no matter what.
Men can make the decision to walk away from children anytime they want. No woman can force a man to be a father.

Unless you're equating being financially responsible for an irresponsible decision as the same thing as being a father. I think that's an insult to men that actually act as fathers...there's more to it than having to write a check.

I volunteered at a youth center and know many women (girls actually) that had abortions. I never met one that took it lightly or didn't live hard with the decision they made. Bad choices have consequences. The idea that all these women are walking around just having sex whenever they want and having an abortion a few weeks later is ludicrous.