Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2013, 09:47 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingDad View Post
I had a friend who found his (soon to be ex-) GF tuning a condom inside out in an attempt to get pregnant.

Where does a man's responsibility fall in these cases? Should this be considered sexual assault? Should a man be able to ask to have a pregnancy from this type of situation terminated?
Maybe the man should abstain from having sex with a woman who is soon going to be his "ex" ?

I think this is where an individual has to weight the pros and cons of "casual sex" and realize that a nanosecond of pleasure can very well mean a lifetime of responsibility for a child you may not want.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

There was a fairly well-known case in the states about a doctor and his g/f. He didn't want kids and made this known. There relationship was faltering.

She gave him a blow-job one day (as their relationship was ending). Once he was done, she went to the bathroom, spat into a cup and used that sperm to impregnate herself. Once she gave birth, she sued for C/S and won. He tried to argue his sperm was stolen, but she said, and the judge agreed, that it was a "gift" or something like that once released. And that it is in the best interests of the child to be supported.

However, I think he sued her for something in return (trauma or mental anguish) and he won as well.

While there are more cases like this coming out, they are still super rare. But instances like this, I am torn. Intercourse was not the cause of the pregnancy and it was another parties unilateral decision to use another persons sperm for something the man never intended it to be used for. In cases like this, I feel the mom should have to go it alone if the father chooses (to be an idiot and) not to be involved.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:09 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I recall watching a soap opera that had a story line something like that. In the soap the female entrapped the guy who happened to be a billionaire and everyone lived happily ever after.

But then you know how it usually goes.... if you dip your wick something may stick!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:18 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

One of the things sports agents tell their sports star clients is that you never leave the condom you used in the hotel room garbage, etc. They've had a couple of cases where its been alleged that women they pick up and bring back to hotel room rooms have stolen the condoms out of garbage cans after sex to impregnate themselves and get hefty CS payments.

Again, there's no such thing as casual sex.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:24 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
When science develops enough that men can be impregnated by a woman, have to carry a fetus for 40 weeks and give birth, then I agree they should have the same biological rights over their own bodies that women have. Until that time, there is a difference based on a very significant gender-specific, biological distinction.
I haven't read all the posts as there are too many, but that is hog wash.
Equality is only equality if it is for all.

In Canada a woman can carry a baby into a hospital and leave the child their and not be asked any questions. They are no longer on the hook for Child support.

A man doesn't have the same option. That is inequality.

I had to fight everything including the kitchen sink to maintain access with our children. That I love more than anything in the world, that is inequality.

Last edited by involveddad75; 11-18-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I had to fight everything including the kitchen sink to maintain access with our children.
So did I. My male ex sued me for sole custody.

Women fight for custody rights the same as men do.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:37 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by involveddad75 View Post
In Canada a woman can carry a baby into a hospital and leave the child their and not be asked any questions. They are no longer on the hook for Child support.

If this is true...
Makes you wonder why a Man cannot do the same. Can you imagine the outrage if a guy did that...
Old 11-18-2013, 03:40 PM

blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by involveddad75 View Post
I haven't read all the posts as there are too many, but that is hog wash.
Equality is only equality if it is for all.

A man doesn't have the same option. That is inequality.

I had to fight everything including the kitchen sink to maintain access with our children. That is inequality.

And again, considering unequal things to be equal is not equality. It is discrimination.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:42 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkandimgone View Post
And again, considering unequal things to be equal is not equality. It is discrimination.

Ok so we are fighting against Discrimination just to be clear lol.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:47 PM

involveddad75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Its irrelevant. Everyone can have an opinion but the one that matters is made by the woman who has to decide whether or not to host and bear a fetus. Her body, her choice...whether you like it or not.
That's sexiest. Equal rights, a woman can go off to war and fight for their country. Even thought a man is biologically more stronger and on average taller.
Equal rights are equal rights respective of their bio or gender.