Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 PM

beebie is on a distinguished road

Child support is paid on payor's income - it is as simple as that. Tables are generally fair if you ask me.

s.7 is discretionary (sort of) - if Dad and Mom can't afford extra activities then only basics are eligible ---as in "reasonable " expenses. Maybe your husband is paying too much s.7? Why are you on about the ex's income? It is relevant to s.7 only, right? She is working 2 jobs ...what else do you expect? If her income is suspect, compare her bank account expenditures to her stated income and make your point to the judge. Notice to Disclose and all that.

You are fighting about parenting. You should try not to fight about parenting...just share it. Or joint custody with liberal access. If she is vindictive, try getting a children's lawyer for the kids (depending on ages). Kids know the score and usually (not always depending on brainwashing) will opt to be with both parents.

The family law system in Canada is too sensitve to allegations of abuse of the children which are prone to misuse by one party (usually mom). It has to be admitted that women use this for collateral advantage. Sad but true.

You don't mention spousal support - if not, he caught a break there.

You could probably have got an Order for some of those things you said were "denied".
Old 10-06-2011, 04:38 AM

LostFather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
Feel free to read what I wrote to the PM of Canada here:

http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...ge-beast-9747/

Here you can read what I wrote to MP Vellacott (who also believes the system needs to change and will be presenting a bill.

Dear Mr. Vellacott,

I am forwarding you the response that I received from MP Joy Smith who pinpoints you as the Member of Parliament who has put on his agenda the vital need to amend the current Family and Divorce Laws in Canada. It is very much my hope that you continue this quest as I am aware of many cases of gross injustice through the current Legal System. I wrote to you my personal story on the 20th July (see below for easy reference) and I am in contact with many others who's stories are not far different. The time for change can not come soon enough for the current families trapped in a system that sets to destroy families with even farther reaching consequences of children who too often grow up with lifelong afflictions or delinquencies as a result of the current practices.

It is my belief that the following amendments need to be addressed as soon as possible so that Canada can preserve its health, integrity, and justice for all.

1. Automatic joint shared custody. With the onus on the the claimant to prove just cause to strip parental rights off of the other parent. I believe this is your plan with Bill C-422.

2. An overhaul of the Federal Guidelines so that people are not left in a substandard standard of living after Spousal Support/ Child Support/and or Section 7 awards have been paid out. This means they need to take into consideration monies actually taken home - not grossed up figures, differing tax brackets, tax benefits and awards given to the recipient, cost of living, percentage of access, etc.

The Federal Guidelines are far too simplistic to deal with individual cases in a fair or equalized manner.

3. Immediate removal from court any cases that have highlighted Child Alienation into a private Arbitration setting wherein there can be swift resolve as these cases prolong abuse on children.

4. Immediate end to treating dads like criminals stripping them of licenses or jail time. For these extreme cases - financial counselling or help should be offered to assist those behind in creating reasonable means of payment plans. Preventing men from either getting to work or being able to work at all seems to be the most ludicrous way of obtaining more financial support for their children. It strips his ability to earn and costs the tax payer more. Many men are not dead beats they just have been shafted so bad they are in a downward spiral that is quite simply impossible to get out of. Let's not have yet another suicide - robbing children of their fathers.

5. Accountability for those that break court orders. I'm all for volunteer hours when people breech contracts. Least it is more productive than other slaps on wrists. You didn't let daddy see his kids = 25 community hours at a homework club for disadvantaged children. You didn't pay your portion of section 7 - payment plus fine plus 25 hours teacher soccer at Tim Horton's camp. You didn't submit your paper work - Pick up garbage on the side of the Hwy. At present people can behave as badly as they want and fail to follow Court Orders with next to no consequences.

6. Having people abuse the court systems time and time again in vindictive and power plays benefits NO one. Repetitive motion makers need to cover the entire cost of the proceedings to discourage this vindictive behaviour.

I thank you for your time and efforts towards the cause. I look forward to hearing from you.

xxxxxx

Let me be quite clear. I do not have a vindictive ex. I never went through the system I raise a happy healthy child independent of ANY govt involvement or legal assistance. My partner on the other hand and his children are being abused. The sad thing is he is one of thousands. To say that the system is fine because a few get through unscathed is faulty logic. The system is flawed because thousands don't.

It is not my website it is simply a resource providing people with the tools and info to stand up for themselves and say Canada should know better!

Apathy solves nothing - ever.
Great post do not let anyone tell you to just accept it! People that have not gone through what you've described can not ever comprehend the devastating impacts of a vindictive ex. The system as it stands now for the vast, greater part enables what you and many of us have been going through.

I admire your passion. Keep up the good fight.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:21 AM

karmaseeker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostFather View Post
Great post do not let anyone tell you to just accept it! People that have not gone through what you've described can not ever comprehend the devastating impacts of a vindictive ex. The system as it stands now for the vast, greater part enables what you and many of us have been going through.

I admire your passion. Keep up the good fight.

Thank you Lost Father! Clearly someone that gets it.

For those of you that are still walking around in a haze of "things aren't so bad" "it generally works" "it could be better, but hey, what can I do about it?" I have one thing to say...

WAKE THE BLEEP UP!

Do not keep kidding yourselves that the machine that is family law is not purposefully set up as a means to rob families from financial security thus dis-empowering the little guy yet again. It is another means of producing a debt culture which keeps you indebted to a system that allows the rich to get richer and the middle class to become poor.

It is not about justice, the best interest of the children, or any other delusions you make convince yourselves of is not so bad. It it was it would not be a case management system that would be drawn out over years and years at a costs of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If it really was about the best interest of the children it would be handled swiftly through arbitration wherein final decisions would be summed up within 6 months. Not millions of letters courting each other, case conferences, settlement conferences, trials, and maybe in 5 years time there is some more motions floating about. All the while, coating the pockets of high priced lawyers and judges.

Duh! They don't want it to go faster nor do they want resolution. They want families destroyed so they can maintain power over you.

Who are they?

The policy makers, the big business, the bankers that loan you your funds for your lawyers, the judges that sit back and laugh while sipping champagne at their Moskoka cottage.

If you are distracted fighting with your ex - guess what you aren't paying attention to all the other Laws they put into place to strip you of your rights and freedoms in every other area of your life.

Keith Olbermann Reads The Statement Released By The Wall Street Protesters - 2011-10-05 - YouTube

Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebie View Post
Child support is paid on payor's income - it is as simple as that. Tables are generally fair if you ask me.

s.7 is discretionary (sort of) - if Dad and Mom can't afford extra activities then only basics are eligible ---as in "reasonable " expenses. Maybe your husband is paying too much s.7? Why are you on about the ex's income? It is relevant to s.7 only, right? She is working 2 jobs ...what else do you expect? If her income is suspect, compare her bank account expenditures to her stated income and make your point to the judge. Notice to Disclose and all that.

You are fighting about parenting. You should try not to fight about parenting...just share it. Or joint custody with liberal access. If she is vindictive, try getting a children's lawyer for the kids (depending on ages). Kids know the score and usually (not always depending on brainwashing) will opt to be with both parents.

The family law system in Canada is too sensitve to allegations of abuse of the children which are prone to misuse by one party (usually mom). It has to be admitted that women use this for collateral advantage. Sad but true.

You don't mention spousal support - if not, he caught a break there.

You could probably have got an Order for some of those things you said were "denied".

I pretty much agree with the above. Once your parenting time is 50/50, the tables work. Your house is basically fighting about parenting, and although you say that the husband was/ is the knight, there are two sides to every story.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:28 AM

staysingle is on a distinguished road

Can someone help with some technical advise?

When I reply to a thread, how do I include quotes from previous comments from that thread? Is it a cut and paste option? I cannot figure it out!

Thanks
Old 10-08-2011, 03:22 PM

baldclub is on a distinguished road

karmaseeker,

Great job, keep posting, fighting for what you (and many, many of us) believe in.

Remember, the fact that there are those who criticize and have no solutions, who try to put you down but have no real understanding of the complexity, difficulty and abuse of family law, means your fight is even more important than ever. Complacency, negativity, laziness and poor ethical considerations are a sign of society's weakness. We must strive for better parenting for all children involved.
Closed Thread