Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:10 PM
karmaseeker's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Here :)
Posts: 470
karmaseeker is on a distinguished road
Default

If one can allow for the possibility that some, not all dads are dead beats. One can also allow room for the possibility that some, not all mothers are malicious in their actions in family court. There are many fail safes already established because of the cultural phenomenon of dead beats yet where are the fail safes to prevent legal harassment, patient alienation, false accusations and financial devastation?

We have an entire act around enforcement of payments which includes garnishment, licence lost, and in effect debtors prison.

These laws came into place because there were deadbeats and still are.

Yet, what are the laws for denied access? Why should one parent ever lose status of joint custody unless in an extreme case if proven not alleged abuse.

I referred to the pendulum of laws because it is not in the middle or equal. Yet to deny the possibility that some women are vindictive seeking power and profit out of a sole custody award is denying thousands of men's stories across this country.

Therefore we need to look at all ways the system can be abused, both by men and by women. What social implications laws have on our children and society at large. And what economic hardships are created for anyone payor and payee in a court room that allows for laws to be use against one another.

You can't fix problems by denying half of the equation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
If one can allow for the possibility that some, not all dads are dead beats. One can also allow room for the possibility that some, not all mothers are malicious in their actions in family court. There are many fail safes already established because of the cultural phenomenon of dead beats yet where are the fail safes to prevent legal harassment, patient alienation, false accusations and financial devastation?

We have an entire act around enforcement of payments which includes garnishment, licence lost, and in effect debtors prison.

These laws came into place because there were deadbeats and still are.

Yet, what are the laws for denied access? Why should one parent ever lose status of joint custody unless in an extreme case if proven not alleged abuse.

I referred to the pendulum of laws because it is not in the middle or equal. Yet to deny the possibility that some women are vindictive seeking power and profit out of a sole custody award is denying thousands of men's stories across this country.

Therefore we need to look at all ways the system can be abused, both by men and by women. What social implications laws have on our children and society at large. And what economic hardships are created for anyone payor and payee in a court room that allows for laws to be use against one another.

You can't fix problems by denying half of the equation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing I'll state is that the father of my child is a deadbeat dad. Not because he's in arrears, but because he doesn't bother one tiny bit with the child.

My husband is the opposite of a deadbeat dad to his son. And that mom isn't malicious at all - but her same-sex partner is.

So, the only Malicious Mothers I come across are the wives of my ex and my husband's ex.
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:32 PM
arabian's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 9,849
arabian will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
You can't fix problems by denying half of the equation

Probably the best thing you've said so far.


The proposed legislative change, which I personally think will go no-where, does not address the other "half of the equation" but instead is intended to give automatic rights to absentee parents. It also does not address the situation of children born out of rape or incest. Give default 50-50 rights to a pervert? I think not.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,587
Serene is on a distinguished road
Default

Karmaseeker - I agree strongly with your last few points. To further contribute to your position I think we need multiple levers and a holistic approach to how the law is reformed. More specifically we need connecting AND intersecting laws that deal with more facets than just child support payments. I agree that alienation and denial of access to children is of utmost importance. Most interestingly is that access to BOTH parents is the right of the CHILD. But there are no sanctions to be had when denying the child that right. It ends up being a circular situation and no one is held accountable for their actions and inactions. The kids suffer at the hands of their parent and the law is idle to that affect.
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post

We have an entire act around enforcement of payments which includes garnishment, licence lost, and in effect debtors prison.

These laws came into place because there were deadbeats and still are.

Yet, what are the laws for denied access? Why should one parent ever lose status of joint custody unless in an extreme case if proven not alleged abuse.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The laws for denied access? Contempt of Court covers that. Ask my ex. It's one of his favourite "compliance" methods.

What's the law for absentee parent not showing for access?
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 PM
karmaseeker's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Here :)
Posts: 470
karmaseeker is on a distinguished road
Default

We brought a contempt motion for denied access we didn't win contempt but were were awarded make up time.

I think a lot if people don't even bring their issues to court because they feel defeat before thy even begin because there is no clear outline of the process for this particular situation. Which is non sensical consider the pages and pages in the protocol of how to serve someone papers.

There are massive gaps in family law and little accountability.

Where the presumption of equal access should be the startin point there needs to be multiple scenarios of where to go in different circumstances. Like a spiders legs spread out from its body.

Obviously, a child conceived if rape should be handled differently. Leg one.

Leg 2: where parents live in same town

Leg 3 where parents live in separate towns or countries

Leg 4: where there is mental illness, abuse, or other fundementallu reason to question ones ability to parent. Proven not alleged.

Leg 5: where there is extreme high conflict.

Leg 6: when a payor dodges payment.

Leg 6: where a parent participates in denied access, harassment, parent alienation, or mental abuse of the children.

7: when spousal support is included

8. When cs, as, and section 7 are all applied for. Which I suggested a solution for in my original post.

9 where there are more children born in second marriages. ALL children Should be given equal rights.

Etc

Legislators love writing a million and one clauses for a million and one circumstances. It is absolutely doable to foresee solutions and create unique clauses for multiple if situations.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:25 PM
blinkandimgone's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 5,175
blinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura aboutblinkandimgone has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaseeker View Post
Arabian, Occupy is MY facebook page! Not OTtawa Divorce.com - but yet again you made a totally random accusation right out of thin air.

Are you out trolling on father's right pages? That is very questionable behaviour!!!!

And yes I provide a link to Ottawa Divorce.com
There's a big difference between providing a link for informational purposes and listing this website as your page's contact. Your opinions are not that of Ottawa Divorce Forum, nor are they endorsed or supported by this forum. You are misrepresenting your affiliations with this forum.

You are hereby respectfully asked to REMOVE the link from your page's personal contact links, should you wish to list it as a resource please feel free to do it elsewhere and state it's purpose, as a resource not owned or operated by you or your page.
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,035
Berner_Faith will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Probably the best thing you've said so far.


The proposed legislative change, which I personally think will go no-where, does not address the other "half of the equation" but instead is intended to give automatic rights to absentee parents. It also does not address the situation of children born out of rape or incest. Give default 50-50 rights to a pervert? I think not.

Arabian you bring up a good point... default 50/50 has many pros but also cons. As many posters are aware, there are many disinterested parents, both male and female, but when it comes down to it, those disinterested parents would exercise their rights to 50/50 for offset CS purposes. This isn't necessarily in the best interest of the children.

It really is a fine line. There are many parents who would love 50/50 but their ex's fight it tooth and nail because they want 100% CS, but there are also cases where someone fights for 50/50 just so they can pay offset CS

In the case of incest - neither deserve to be parents (in my opinion) and as for rape, a rapist poses a risk to the child, therefore should not have any access (in my opinion)
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Hand of Justice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: In the Shadows
Posts: 3,139
Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default

You want a change, get a lobby group, lots of money and apply some pressure. Politicians don't give a crap about whining men even if they're right (95% of CS payors are men)

Also if you read what the FCSG are based on you'll realize the guidelines themselves are complete crap. Compare the analysis to the Australian government analysis and you'll see what i mean. Especially in reference to equivalence scales (which is the foundation of the guidelines)
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,151
MS Mom is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
You want a change, get a lobby group, lots of money and apply some pressure. Politicians don't give a crap about whining men even if they're right (95% of CS payors are men)

Also if you read what the FCSG are based on you'll realize the guidelines themselves are complete crap. Compare the analysis to the Australian government analysis and you'll see what i mean. Especially in reference to equivalence scales (which is the foundation of the guidelines)

The guidelines are applicable to both genders.

If the guidelines are a problem, take up that cause. Keep gender out of the argument altogether, as it is irrelevant to the problem you claim. By including this gender bias argument you completely invalidate your claim by becoming one of those whinimg men.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Order wording concerning travel letter. HappyMomma Divorce & Family Law 4 06-18-2013 08:27 PM
Letter from CRA FB_ Financial Issues 5 05-03-2013 11:04 AM
Can I have help to Vet this letter to Other Side's laywer please E-Gal Financial Issues 2 10-23-2012 04:14 PM
Canada Child tax benefit CCTB letter and female presumption agreatdad Financial Issues 13 07-23-2012 12:56 PM
Asking for comments on my draft response letter Margaret-Krupa Divorce & Family Law 14 04-24-2012 02:48 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.