Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 09:33 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
This case nauseates me.
If you want to vomit look up the carpet company on CanLII.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Thanks Tayken - Yes I did look up the company and it's founder - what a crook

Ruling upheld against carpet supplier who overbilled Ottawa Community Housing | Ottawa Citizen

Looking into the father-in-law explains why the mother in this thread's case didn't stand a chance. FIL can afford to go through a 7-year litigation against the city. Funding his son's divorce would have seemed like "chump change" to him.

Last edited by arabian; 12-09-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:04 PM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
If Mom died uninsured, Dad would not lose any CS payments. If Dad died uninsured, Mom would lose a lot.
Ok Stripes, I'll try to sum up my understanding of your stance through some hypothetical situations. Correct me if I have misrepresented you in any way.

A) Mom has kids

Dad pays $1300 in CS, mom contributes her $300 to herself.

B) Dad has kids

Mom pays $300 in CS, dad contributes his $1300 to himself

C) Mom has kids, Dad dies

Mom gets the equivalent of $1300/month through life insurance, and still gets her own earnings.

D) Dad has kids, Mom dies

Mom pays nothing because Stripes thinks she doesn't need life insurance. Dad contributes his $1300 to himself, but doesn't get the $300, but that doesn't matter because Stripes thinks that if you don't make much money you don't have to pay CS.

E) Mom has kids, she dies, Dad gets kids

Mom pays nothing because Stripes thinks she doesn't need life insurance. Dad contributes his $1300 to himself, but doesn't get the $300, but that doesn't matter because Stripes thinks that if you don't make much money you don't have to pay CS.

F) Dad has kids, he dies, Mom gets kids

Mom gets the equivalent of $1300/month through life insurance, and still gets to contribute her own earnings.

...I've lost track. Why does the mother not need life insurance again Stripes?

I'll summarize total resources available to kids:

Mom custody: $1600
Dad custody: $1600
Mom dies: $1300
Dad dies: $1600

Something doesn't quite fit...
Old 12-09-2016, 04:11 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

Read. My. Words. Again.

I think Mom should have life insurance. I think Dad should have life insurance. I think everyone should have life insurance. Dad contributes more than Mom to the kids' financial needs, so if he got run over by a bus and, being dead, lost his income, there would be a really big hit to the kids' finances. That is why Dad really really needs insurance.

But
I
Think
Every
Parent
Ought
To
Carry
Life
Insurance
As
A
Matter
Of
Course.

I'm not sure I can be any clearer than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Ok Stripes, I'll try to sum up my understanding of your stance through some hypothetical situations. Correct me if I have misrepresented you in any way.

A) Mom has kids

Dad pays $1300 in CS, mom contributes her $300 to herself.

B) Dad has kids

Mom pays $300 in CS, dad contributes his $1300 to himself

C) Mom has kids, Dad dies

Mom gets the equivalent of $1300/month through life insurance, and still gets her own earnings.

D) Dad has kids, Mom dies

E) Mom has kids, she dies, Dad gets kids

F) Dad has kids, he dies, Mom gets kids

Mom gets the equivalent of $1300/month through life insurance, and still gets to contribute her own earnings.

...I've lost track. Why does the mother not need life insurance again Stripes?

I'll summarize total resources available to kids:

Mom custody: $1600
Dad custody: $1600
Mom dies: $1300
Dad dies: $1600

Something doesn't quite fit...