Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soiled View Post
The way it reads, the bolded CRAP or FACT seem as though they are your interpretation of the statement. I'm guessing from your responses to Arabian that that is not the case?
Correct - that is not the case.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:24 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

It took a while but here is the other side of the coin! Lol. Oh
And I correct the typos. Just saying !

The post was that men now can stay at home raising up the women's children and essentially that women did jack all. It was a little disturbing to me that people now in this day believe that women play no role in the upbringing of children.

So I wanted to take the opportunity and share what I have learned.

TO start, there is research to suggest that babies begin responding to their Mother IN THE WOMB (around 22 weeks) - they will start to recognize her voice (higher, softer different cadence, etc). More research suggest that Mother's heart rates and blood pressure increase in the same way that Dad's does when your baby cries or smiles at you.

Here is the table of the statements and whether they are fact or crap

Mother's are not natural "nurturers" like fathers tend to be - CRAP

Being a good mother starts before your baby is born - FACT

The main role that Mother's play in the lives of their children is to be the "provider" and "disciplinarian" - CRAP

Fathers can better deal with children's emotional issues than Mothers - CRAP

Mom's main role in the lives of her kids are about play and games - CRAP

Having a supportive mother can impact how a child developed relationships later on in their life - FACT

Mothers continue to be an important part of their child'children's live even after separation or divorce - FACT

Teenage mothers ( women who become mothers in their teenage years) often don't care about their children - CRAP

Teenagers need Mothers just as much as toddlers and kids - FACT

IF you had a disconnected relationship with your mother while you were growing up, you are destined to be a disconnected mother to your children - CRAP
Old 05-13-2017, 07:36 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Beachnana we already knew that about moms. There has been lots of myths circulating about a father's role and so that is why they came up with that list. I'm however glad that you recognize and acknowledge that there are in fact 2 sides to the coin.

Excuse typos. Happens. I don't make that same mistake when communicating with ex or professionals involved with child. So I think we're okay.