Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM

pokeman has a little shameless behaviour in the past

i would like to see a cap on divorce of say $20,000 total ,
if a review suggests due to complications it will be more it
goes onto a bidding system where lawyers compete for your
business and must complete the file on/under budget.

this takes some of the power lawyers have in this system they
built away from them and make them somewhat more accountable
for the $.

through disclosure where lawyers see every dime you/X have lawyers took my family with an equity of 1/2 million to the cleaners, the mother was documented as a violent child abuser
but the battle ragged on for almost 4 years with lawyers unmotivated
to bring things to an end ...

i am now worth nothing , infact less than nothing from my creditors view

the above is real reform ... not filling out forms
Old 11-14-2010, 09:59 PM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

I find strange that there is people here (mostly women) that go and brag about mediation when in the majority of cases the women are the first to go to a lawyer before even trying to mediation. And in some case when they learn of the rights of each party they do not hesitate to make up a story of abuse, rape and whatever they can think of to get an advantage thru criminal court as the police will immediately arrest the man. That is where they believe that the have gain the upper hand and try to appropriate the most they can. I wish there was a day when the people that make false accusation are process thru the justice system with the equal penality of what their accusation may have lead to. I have work hard for my money and to reach where I am now, I just wish some women would do the same and stop taking men for a cash cow. There is a reason why sopme women fight for equality and this means that there would be a split 50/50 and that there should not be any spousal support or consideration where the women are better at raising a child.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:29 PM

Mess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the roughMess is a jewel in the rough

I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand all that. Are you saying all women brag about mediation? Are you saying that all women make up stories of rape and abuse? Are you saying that all women view men as a cash cow? Why do you only wish some women wouldn't?

Perhaps it would make more sense to you if you realized that some people find mediation helpful, some people make up stories, and some people view their spouse as a cash cow, but these aren't all the same people.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 AM

Max22258 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully you have not been thru all what had happened to me. Yes most brag about mediation but run to court or to a lawyer as soon it does not go their way. I did not say all women make up story of abuse , rape, harassment or violence but here having been victim of such a story I was amazed when I went to pre trial all the people that had been accused of such act. You have to be in the context that when we did the preliminary and she was brought to court, she did not make sense. But still the crown attorney (a women) drag it all the way to pretrial and there the crown attorney dropped all charge. By then it was too late all my house had been empty of its content. I was accused of rape, harassment (arrested right away and put in jail). Rape was when we were together as one night she did not feel like having sex apparently before entering the room, and when we did had sex she asked me to stop which I did. The sle reason where she said that she was not thinking about having sex when entering the room was look as rape. Of course during our relationship we have seldom ask even when it was her initiating sex. See in court there was so many cases at pretrial that was similar to my case.

The twist in all that is that the crown attorney pushed that I make a donation and everything would be dropped, a donation to the same agency that my ex went to and which I refused.

Yes the court see the men as cash cow and also the women that uses it. I never said that mediation was not helpfull, In my case it only happen when she saw that her lawyer being paid by the province would not longer be able to continue as they have a certain amount of hours in most case. So they quickly try to settle but only after the criminal charge were dropped, as they tried to get the house.The province guideline is not something that are follow in court so do not imagine you go to court and what you paid for is yours under common law.

Me the reasonable thing to do would be for a judge to force mediation and the first thing that should occur is that the mediator tell the right of each under the law. This will reduce stupid court time.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

Appears that you had at least a civil and criminal action/information occurring maybe at the same time. If so, Mediation is not appropriate in the latter.