Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2016, 06:21 PM

Beachnana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
The law is clear, that isn't what I am asking.

The issue I have is - As a parent who wants to love your future child do you knowingly bring it in to this world hated, unwanted and fatherless and then attempt to oblige that person to financially support your choice?
Well hopefully the Mom loves the child and chose to have the child regardless of financial support that might be available. But then again people do not often realize how expensive it is to raise a child.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:25 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:
The law is clear, that isn't what I am asking.

The issue I have is - As a parent who wants to love your future child do you knowingly bring it in to this world hated, unwanted and fatherless and then attempt to oblige that person to financially support your choice?
Bringing a child into the world, knowingly, doesn't mean the child is hated or unwanted. Mother will love the child unconditionally. Yes the sperm donor is obligated to financially support the child.

There is also the option of adoption. There are many people who cannot have children and who would love to adopt.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:10 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Links re: ejaculation and abortion

Part of me is with Links on this one. Thats not to say I agree kids dont deserve support. Thats saying that adults know better. You cant turn around and say "well he didnt take responsibility for protection". This is the 21st century. What happened to "no glove no love"? If youre in a long term relationship with someone you know there are risks. You also can tell whether a person is committed enough to follow through on being a parent. I have to believe there was at least one conversation before this point. Then you have an idea of whether youre dealing with a selfish prick or not. When it comes out positive and he turns around and says f you Im not doing anything for this kid, you have to decide if you can manage that or not. Hes proven how undependable he is and then you have to fight for support. When he shirks that responsibility youre left hanging again.

Everyone has to be responsible. As a woman I take responsibility for what happens to me and my body. I know the risks unprotected sex has and I also knew that I couldnt afford a child on my own ergo I didnt do anything to jeopardize that.

ETA i have a friend who has an ex who pulled that pregnant to keep him. He knows how stupid he was for not using protection. He also loves his kid immensely and has provided for her handsomely. His ex had to step up too though. She was a lazy spoiled party girl. She learned very quickly! Like I said, responsibility!

Last edited by rockscan; 05-08-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:05 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Well, hes not the only one responsible for using condoms. Women are equally as responsible for using protection. It works both ways.
Yes but he is responsible for his own actions and preventative measures. If he doesn't want a child then he better use protection. He cannot control what the woman does in regards to birth control.

Where is the whole aspect of personal responsibility in all this?
Old 05-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Drive 120km/h get a 200$ ticket.

Use no glove.... then tell the mom -
"Hey I understand your pregnant but I really really really dont want to be a
father" - we're talking early abortion (not crazy late-term stuff)

Mom turns around and says "Screw you, pay child support, don't see the kid"

The father in this story pays $100,000 over his lifetime in child support - but that isn't even the issue.

The issue to me is more that if the mom KNEW they dad didn't want this to happen and she went through with it anyways.... Isn't that straight up asshole behaviour? "Just" because it is "her" body...
Old 05-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
what the woman does in regards to birth control.
This sort of gets to the point of your rights stop when they infringe on my rights, no?
Old 05-08-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
This sort of gets to the point of your rights stop when they infringe on my rights, no?
how about quoting the whole thing so it makes sense. A man cannot force a woman to take birth control to prevent a pregnancy. He can take responsibility by using a condom or saying no to intercourse. He knows what the result may be with unprotected sex.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Drive 120km/h get a 200$ ticket.

Use no glove.... then tell the mom -
"Hey I understand your pregnant but I really really really dont want to be a
father" - we're talking early abortion (not crazy late-term stuff)

Mom turns around and says "Screw you, pay child support, don't see the kid"

The father in this story pays $100,000 over his lifetime in child support - but that isn't even the issue.

The issue to me is more that if the mom KNEW they dad didn't want this to happen and she went through with it anyways.... Isn't that straight up asshole behaviour? "Just" because it is "her" body...
to me its asshole behaviour on the mans part. He didn't want a pregnancy and didn't use a condom. Then expects the mother to have an abortion to clean up his "mistake"? Sounds like the type of man who likes to blame others for his mistakes and expects others to cover for him.

having an abortion isn't like getting a cut stitched up and you forget about it. Maybe its a case of owning up to your mistake and taking the consequences.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:30 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Don't they start teaching sex ed in elementary school nowadays?
Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 PM
Hand of Justice

I was under the impression it is a matter of taking a pill to get an abortion...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mifepristone
(with side effects understandably..)

So basically its take a pill vs the other option I outlined earlier (bring in a child to this world who is unloved by his father and will be an imposition for the 25 years on somebody who happened to have sex with you)

Not sure what you are all talking about?