Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2015, 07:46 PM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road
Default Lawyer apologizing to me

I don't want to go into details but suffice it to say things are escalating again and I can't get infront of a judge to save my life. I have a huge time sensitive issue which is going to have life altering damaging consequences for myself and my children if not dealt with by the court by next week.

My lawyer and his clerks have all been apologizing to me. One of the clerks said she's worked for my lawyer for 25 years and never seen anything like what's happening with my file. She said the system is supposed to help families but in my case it's let my kids and me down.

My lawyer apologized and said that what is happening by way of non response to my 14B (5weeks now without an answer) is not at all in the best interests of my children.
It's inhumane torture. Trying to keep it together for the kids but it's hell
Old 10-23-2015, 08:00 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Other side has 30 days to respond? so this doesn't say much for your lawyer.

All the apologies in the world won't help you.

If other side hasn't responded you should proceed and get costs awarded.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:40 AM

Stillbreathing is on a distinguished road

Other side has been pulling every dirty trick NOT to go to court. He does not want to deal with any of the issues let alone this urgent matter. They had 4 days to respond to the 14B which they did. The judge is the one not responding!
My lawyer is apologizing on behalf of the family court system and the "administrative delays" which are aiding my ex in destroying me in every way imaginable. Unfortuneatlly as he destroys my sources of income and my ability to put a roof over my head and food on the table, he is destroying the lives of his children as well. What he is doing now is so serious that if I don't get to court the children may need to go into foster care. Living out of my vehicle would not be appropriate for them.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:14 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

I am sorry that things are not going well for you. Before we can offer advice perhaps you could enlighten us as to some specifics of your current situation.

Are you being forced from your home by foreclosure? If so, when is the date that you have to vacate your home by?
Have you lost your job?
You say your ex responded to the 14B. Did a judge hear the motion or are you waiting for a chief justice to specify court date to hear the motion?
Have you registered with FRO yet?