Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2010, 05:02 PM

AtALoss is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Law suit against the fro

They said it couldn't be done...well it is happening.

We are launching a Joint Suit against the FRO and we are lookin to have others join us in this pursuit. We will be represented by MacDonald Partners. They are the leading Family Law firm in Canada.

So to this end we are looking for individuals that feel thier case has been mishandled by the FRO. Our main arguement against FRO is thier continual errors in the proceedural administration of cases. This mishandling goes against many of the very foundations that they claim to uphold never mind the law. There is out there a huge debate about the guideliness and whether they are fair, that is not the issue that we hope to address in this suit.

Do feel you have had some type of administration errors past or present in your case? Are you a payor trying to catch up? Are you a recipient that FRO has never collected? Has FRO declared you a payor when in fact you should be a recipient? We would like to hear all experiences of this nature. We still want to hear from you even if you have had resolution in your cases. Many of us are disgruntled with FRO and have our thoughts about them. It is estimated that over 75% of FRO cases are mishandled or even fraudulant in one way or other.

Our goals in this is to have reforms brought to FRO to ensure that this mistreatment ceases.

There are many shades of grey here. But we want to hear from you. We want to put as many cases forward as we possibly can. There has always been strength in numbers. So please contact us. We also will be replying individually with more details of the suit and will provide details should you wish to lay claim under this suit. If you are frustrated and bogged down by this sytem we are also prepared to offer direction with the goal of resolution.

Please email us only at livinganightmare@live.ca
You can also view our blog at livinganightmare1.spaces.live.com

Thanks and we hope to hear from you.
Karen & Richard
Old 01-20-2010, 09:08 PM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

That's great, the FRO could use some accountability.

Who said it couldn't be done again? And what makes MacDonald Partners the leading Family Law firm in Canada?
Old 01-20-2010, 09:12 PM

mom2three is on a distinguished road

With all due respect, I find this one hard to take. You mention the law firm. You mention they are looking for others to "join" in the suit or to perhaps help the case.

My issue is this. If they were so serious why would they not post this themselves, to protect their reputation? Why would emails not be directed to their law office?

I can believe a lawsuit is happening (which,IMHO, should happen and I encourage the law office to do so) but this is such an odd way for it to happen.

You, as the poster, can chose which emails would be pertinent to the case. Are you understanding what point I am trying to get across? While I do believe this is a serious issue that needs an honest investigation, this is completely the wrong way to go about it. The grammatical errors that are pervasive in your post do not help matters.

Please do not take offence. If you want people to both take an issue seriously and contribute to your cause, you need to make it much more effective.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:52 PM

FRO themseves claim that no one can sue them.
MacDonald Partners has thier own web site if anyone wishes to find them. I will say they are not a small firm.

Last edited by AtALoss; 01-20-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:12 PM

Mom2three
You have the right to be sceptical all you want and that is fine. Not my concern at this point. The firm, Global TV (interview aired July8/09), Ombudsman, and many in Govt are already behind us. I will not be doing any screening as you acuse. Our lawyer has offered his time to those who choose to respond and we are just there to give preliminary info.

Last edited by AtALoss; 01-20-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 AM

Reforms are happening in Family law but all to slow most of the time. Bill 133 that was just passed will hopefully help some. The Ministry of the Attorney General of Ontario claims to want to see alot of the delay and bickering stop. So we will see how that goes with the changes.

As for our seeking others experiences with FRO, Our lawyer has asked that we gain as many as we can. Active files or not. If you feel you need action that can be arranged as well. Each case will add strength in our case as well. It is our hope that together we will be strong enough to have law changed. So if you can offer up comment as to your personal experience it would be greatly appreciated.

If you feel your case needs some attention/intervention that can be arranged as well.

Last edited by AtALoss; 01-21-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 01-21-2010, 01:55 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Good luck to you.

I hear anecdotal horror stories all the time, and do not ever wish to experience them first hand.
Old 01-21-2010, 02:59 PM

Thank you for your well wishes. Our goal in all of this is to make change to Family Law & FRO that will benifit all of us.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:14 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Thank you for doing this. I know you have suffered tremendously due to their errors. Any progress you make is very appreciated.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:55 AM

Thank you for all the support that we are recieving over this, It does mean alot not just to us but all.
People are contacting us to tell thier experiences and we hope that it will continue in the days ahead.
Please remember that we do want to hear from you both payors and recipients even if you feel your issue may be solve or resolved. FRO's mishandling affects down to the smallest - our kids.
Hope to hear from you. Thank you again.
Closed Thread