Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 05:39 PM

got2bkid is on a distinguished road

Yes, child support ends when the child is out of school and working. Have you been able to resolve this situation?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM

formyhubby is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately neither one of parents reported change in income for the past 18 years and now the Mother has the right to take him back 3 years and university costs for the past year and a half. We have no rights to our family. Teh "child" withdrew.
for others in the same situation, what the parents have decided to do, instead of paying costly court battle (with no guarantee as to the outcome)is to come to a financial agreement which is paid out once she signs the paperwork to stop support and will never be allowed to come back for more. Of course we as the payors are paying OUR lawyer to make sure the agreement is locked up nice and tight.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Australia seems to be on the forefront of actual EQUAL rights for parents, and children.

I am continually disappointed as I navigate the legal system here in Ontario, it becomes more and more evident the the system is very much stacked against the Father of children as my application moves towards trial.

I'm looking for ways to become more involved. In fact, I think I need to become an out and out activist. Can anyone reccomend any clubs/memberships in Ontario I can look into? I will be immediately starting a written campaign to various major media outlets, as someone has recommended previously.

It really is ridiculous. I cannot fathom how one gender has so much power when it comes to children. I thought the eyes of lady justice were supposed to be blind-folded in order to eliminate such bias'.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:01 AM

got2bkid is on a distinguished road

Make sure you write your MP to show your support for bill C-422, which is a presumption of shared parenting when both parents are fit. The first place to start is to clean up this mess where dads are tossed away like so much trash, except for their cash, which is readily accepted.
Closed Thread