Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2009, 04:30 AM

Stargate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by canniiee View Post
I agree, its totally unfair. The amount for 1 child is reasonable, but to double it with 2 kids, is outrageous!

My ex is taking me to court for the full table amount cause that's what he feels is "fair" although we make the SAME salary, and we've already mutually agreed on CS amounts, which I pay him PLUs I pay 50% of everything, but his curent GF gets the full table amount from her ex so he wants it too. Can you imagine they both make 45K/year and if they both get the table amounts thats another 1400/month, their laughing all the way to the bank while I'm suffering. and he thinks that's "fair" yeah totally fair that my kids will have a crap life with me, but a fantastic one with him.
That's precisely why the "cookie-cutter" approach that is currently in place in Canada for the way CS is calculated is SEVERELY flawed and needs to be amended the sooner the better!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 AM

#1StepMom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
That's EXACTLY what I have been saying needs changed here in Canada!! Which makes SO much more sense and is FAR more equitable than the draconian one we have currently!

KUDOS TO AUSTRALIA!!!!!!
So how do we get our government to follow in Australia's footsteps? ;-)
Old 11-01-2009, 08:54 PM

got2bkid is on a distinguished road

Keep writing and phoning your MP's, relate your stories, contact media, explain to friends and family how the guidelines make one parnent a "visitor" and the other parent "the winner" (of kids and money), contact Universities, see if they are willing to investigate the "other" side of the story (MANY university papers are now exposing how grossly unfair the guidelines are to the NCP), keep writing politicians etc. etc. etc. But most of all join a Father's Rights Group. They are NOT a bunch of crazy men, but JUSTIFIABLY angry at the treatment they have recieved and how easy it is for a vindictive ex to "take" their kids away and their livelihood.
It has GOT to stop!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:00 PM

myminpins is on a distinguished road

I wish someone would do something about this. Aren't there any rich people around who care?? LOL The amounts are completely unreasonable, are more than our amount to pay for our mortgage. We live a very reasonable lifestyle and the table amounts me we cannot afford to eat out, take a vacation, get a newer car (ours is 11 yrs old), put away money for retirement (no pension plan at his job), and neither of us will be able to retire until we're in our 70s. It's just so unfair but no one seems to care.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 AM

Let's be honest, it is mostly men that pay, and most men pay-up and shut-up. The feminists who engineered the Guidelines relied on men's more passive nature to get away with this for so many years.

If women lost their kids 85% of the time after divorce to the fathers, and then were told to hand over 50% of their pay for the next 18 years (and keep paying dad, if they kids are in college) women would be marching in the streets every day about this. It would change before you could blink.

But, unfortunately, men are taught not to "complain" (and ridiculed by women if they do), and women are taught "entitlement". Our society is creating fatherless children and "entitled" single moms, and it doesn't bode well for the future of our children.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bkid View Post
Let's be honest....If women lost their kids 85% of the time after divorce to the fathers, and then were told to hand over 50% of their pay for the next 18 years (and keep paying dad, if they kids are in college) women would be marching in the streets every day about this. It would change before you could blink.
So true.....
Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 AM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

Have you actually DONE anything about it? Wrote letters, signed petitions, called MPs etc? I count 11 posters on this thread who would support this, I'm sure there are many others too. There is no point in complaining if you fail to ACT. It's a typical Canadian response, and it needs to change.

While I agree there really needs to be a change, lets look at it from a justice point of view, what actually is best for the kids AND the parents. No point making derogatory generalizations calling some parents "entitled" when you are looking for support. There actually might be CPs out there that support reform!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:15 PM

Billiechic,

Have I actually DONE anything about this? If I could count the letters I sent, the phone calls I made, the petitions I wrote, the groups I joined, I don't know how many hours I've spent trying to get politicians to listen. And trust me, I know how to write without any anger showing through in the letters, calls. The facts speak for themselves. In a blog like this, I assumed it's oK, to show your emotions, whether you are FOR or AGAINST the current guidelines without being judged?

The truth is, politicians have feminist groups that they NEED to please in order to get re-elected. The feminists love these guidelines, cause they mostly screw dad (and the kids, but that seems to be incidental).
Old 11-06-2009, 12:44 PM

billiechic is on a distinguished road

It was not meant as a personal attack, and I was NOT judging you. I am just sick of hearing people bitch (IRL) about things but do NOTHING else. I know that there are reasons that are political that prevent the change that is necessary. And it is not just limited to family law.

Maybe I should have directed the post towards the rest of the respondants? Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2bkid View Post

The truth is, politicians have feminist groups that they NEED to please in order to get re-elected. The feminists love these guidelines, cause they mostly screw dad (and the kids, but that seems to be incidental).
Yep, that about sums it up.
Closed Thread