Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2016, 12:10 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default Jian Ghomeshi - Ruling (Not Guilty On All Accounts)

I have only skimmed this so far. Will comment in more detail later.

Jian Ghomeshi not guilty of all charges
Old 03-24-2016, 12:23 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

This was a predictable conclusion IMO - lying witnesses.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:37 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Actual National Post link:

Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on all charges as judge acquits him of sexual assault, choking | National Post

Quote:
“The act of suppression of the truth will be as damaging to their credibility as a direct lie under oath,” Horkins said.
Quote:
“(She) was clearly playing chicken with the justice system,” Horkins said. “She was prepared to tell half the truth for as long as she thought she could get away with it.”
Old 03-25-2016, 06:35 PM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

it is not a domestic violence case though, there was absolutely nothing "domestic" about this charges or the "relationships" the charges arose from.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:47 PM

SadAndTired is on a distinguished road

It isn't over for him yet though.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/blogs/dail...155658263.html
Old 03-25-2016, 07:42 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

IMO it will be a gong show and nothing more than a publicity stunt for the actresses et al.

Toronto defence lawyer Joseph Neuberger expects the Crown would be concerned about what any witnesses didn’t tell them, but even if the Crown gets more information before the second trial, it would have to be disclosed to the defence.

More waste of tax-payors money IMO
Old 04-12-2016, 10:16 AM

ensorcelled has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I absolutely think Jian is a creep and guilty, his lawyer is awesome at schooling everyone in Law 101.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XB5fG7gbZ0
Old 05-12-2016, 10:02 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

The last complainant, Kathryn Borel – quite brilliant, really.

Ghomeshi looked quite content with himself as he entered the court house yesterday, to enter his plea bargain and admit some vague apology for sexual misconduct.

I’m sure neither he nor Henein had considered that, immediately following the plea, Borel might appear on the front steps of the court house, and would publicly and crushingly re-accuse him for not only assaulting her, but also condemn him for assaulting 20 others. All of his hard work trying to recoup his professional reputation in the last year, all of his efforts to rebrand himself, all gone in one fell swoop.

His only recourse is to sue her for slander, in civil court, and at that point he loses all protections offered to him under the criminal court system. And he’d face a judge who would determine the case on the balance of probabilities, rather than ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’. I wonder what he will do.

Well played, Borel, well played.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:14 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
The last complainant, Kathryn Borel – quite brilliant, really.

Ghomeshi looked quite content with himself as he entered the court house yesterday, to enter his plea bargain and admit some vague apology for sexual misconduct.

I’m sure neither he nor Henein had considered that, immediately following the plea, Borel might appear on the front steps of the court house, and would publicly and crushingly re-accuse him for not only assaulting her, but also condemn him for assaulting 20 others. All of his hard work trying to recoup his professional reputation in the last year, all of his efforts to rebrand himself, all gone in one fell swoop.

His only recourse is to sue her for slander, in civil court, and at that point he loses all protections offered to him under the criminal court system. And he’d face a judge who would determine the case on the balance of probabilities, rather than ‘beyond a reasonable doubt’. I wonder what he will do.

Well played, Borel, well played.
Actually if you do some simply searches on Google you will find out why the crown dropped the charges. Borel went on record on a bunch of blogs and those silly podcasts and basically admitted to some stuff that would have made her look worse than the previous complainants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1FWOETBAA

Excellent listen. Read the articles linked on this youtube.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 05-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I didn't Want to say anything (my point has been proven) but mcdreamy's post smacks of a person completely deluded by reality but I think we all knew that...