Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2016, 10:11 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

15 separate complaints all lying. Lol. Ok whatever floats your boat.

My feather story:

If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, in all probability it is a duck.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

​Ghomeshi, 48, of Toronto, has pleaded not guilty to four counts of sexual assault and one of choking, with the charges involving three women. He is being tried by judge alone in the Ontario Court of Justice.
Jian Ghomeshi trial: Complainant says she tried to bait former host with 'flirtatious' emails - Toronto - CBC News

There are only 3 women mentioned here, and 1/3 has been completely discredited so far....

What is your source for 15....

and I just read an article about the grilling witnesses go through and how "meaningless details" are used to attack the credibility. In this woman's case she SENT emails after the incidents there is NO WAY she wouldd have forgotten that....Yes, you have to testify and sit in front of a judge and lawyer if you want to put somebody in jail for YEARS..... WTF, just throw him in jail without trial?

Last edited by Links17; 02-03-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:04 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

15 women, 2 men. A real winner of a guy.

Of course, without a person willing to take a stand, have their private life thrown to the public and the bigots, be slutshamed and 'whacked' by defense lawyers and others such as you are doing in this thread, it would be reasonable for a crown attorney to presume there are no reasonable prospect of conviction and not place charges.

p.s. Crosby is a duck as well.

Police probing three complaints in Ghomeshi investigation - The Globe and Mail

Jian Ghomeshi now charged with sexually assaulting six women | Toronto Star

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...set_today.html

Last edited by mcdreamy; 02-04-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Hand of Justice

Another one down the drain...
Just read the cbc.ca blog and this chick is almost as bad as the first.

I don't think its too much to ask especially in these non-penetration type sexual assault cases that you get cross examined for 3 hours in order to put somebody in jail for 10 years. What would the alternative be?

The first accuser's identity is hidden. No shut shaming there....

I can't believe my tax payer money is being wasted on this... Even if it is true with Lucy it was like 10 seconds and no marks and all her behaviour afterwards doesn't indicate any sort of problem. If this was a "good" case what were the bad cases...
Old 02-04-2016, 05:36 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

"Behavior afterwards" isn't the point. The point is whether he beat and choked her to force her to have sex with him. She's not on trial, he is.

I have the dubious pleasure of having been a couple of degrees of separation from Ghomeshi in my student days (friends of friends), and he had a reputation as a sleazoid even way back. Women warned each other to stay away from him, but there were always new women who hadn't heard the stories, and he was so popular and charismatic that no one wanted to tell the world what he had done, because they feared they wouldn't be believed and that he'd be vengeful. He made all the right feminist noises, even took women's studies courses, so he must be one of the good guys. He's a grade-A violent predator and I'll be happy if he gets put away for a long time.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripes View Post
"Behavior afterwards" isn't the point. The point is whether he beat and choked her to force her to have sex with him. She's not on trial, he is.
According to the CBC play by play she accused him of "he slapped twice, looked at her, slapped again, kissed and choked" which all happened within 10 seconds she says...

Something to that effect. It wasn't a prolonged assault or something she fended off. After that she stayed for over an hour at his house and kissed him goodnight (whereas she didn't kiss him before going to his house).

I don't want to downplay it but its relatively minimal compared other crazy things in the world and she never says she told him to stop, she didn't leave, she kept seeing him, she kept in contact with him. Its hard to not imply those later actions are not a form of proof to say that nothing that disturbed you in your relationship with the guy...

There were emails where she alludes to wanting to destroy him but for half the trial before that she talks about how she wants what is best for him.

The fact she waived publication ban, her twitter exploded from 1000 folllowers to 25000 followers etc.... look bad.

I believe there is sexual assault abuse but at the same time people are into weird things and I don't know statistically what % of ppl are into bdsm or how that gets started. I am think of 50 shades of grey and how it is demonized on one hand but consumed by women everywhere.

Even if I feel like he is abusive (personal sleaze meter) I would never feel comfortable of seeing him convicted with this level of poor evidence. So far, it would be a travesty if he was convicted based on what I have read.

Quote:
I have the dubious pleasure of having been a couple of degrees of separation from Ghomeshi in my student days (friends of friends), and he had a reputation as a sleazoid even way back. Women warned each other to stay away from him, but there were always new women who hadn't heard the stories, and he was so popular and charismatic that no one wanted to tell the world what he had done, because they feared they wouldn't be believed and that he'd be vengeful. He made all the right feminist noises, even took women's studies courses, so he must be one of the good guys. He's a grade-A violent predator and I'll be happy if he gets put away for a long time.
Lots of guys fit this profile, the whole "bad-boy" type (though he sounds like more of an insecure douche) - girls go for "bad boys" even if they know they aren't good, so that's what you get. Lets not forget in his circles he is a celebrity, some women are perhaps so blinded by starriness that they are willing to endure the abuse to be in his limelight (though they may not want to admit it) - and this is a form of consent, maybe (is it?).

I don't like how you have him convicted him in your mind, that's not fair.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:58 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That reminds me of The Pervocracy: The missing stair. .

Sometimes it's easier to pretend something isn't happening or didn't happen than it is to do anything about it (confront them, report to police). Most people default to doing what is easy instead of what is right.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:29 AM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I think you make a very valid point Stripes. Often victims of sexual abuse are encouraged, as part of their recovery, to confront the abuser by way of pressing charges and going to trial. There is a stark difference between people who consent to S&M (such as in the 60 Shades of Grey book) to someone who consents to sex and finds themselves choked or strangled. I would think the onus would be on the accused to prove there was informed consent to S&M.

On the other hand, it would be in the accused favour if evidence were raised that the victims were aware of the accused penchant for assault prior to their consenting to having sex.

All in all, the guys is a total loser IMO. Probably has a small penis and thinks he is a blessing to all women. I hope he crawls back under the rock that he originated from.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Hand of Justice

Jian Ghomeshi trial: Lucy DeCoutere wrote accused that she wanted to have sex with him after alleged assault - CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News

Is it April Fool's?
Old 02-05-2016, 09:45 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

The guy chokes, pulls hair and punches women in the head.

I just can't get past that, no matter what credibility the victims have. I get the whole S&M, rough sex thing .. but when more than one female is reporting it, it creates a pattern. Couples who engage in S&M type stuff generally don't report each other I wouldn't think. That's kind of their thing.

For the money and fame? I'm not sure .. a CBC host who I'd never heard of before the accusations. Also I think the victim in question was a TV actress from Trailer Park Boys (famous also?)

Maybe there were some satisfying sexual encounters, but the guy got progressively rougher and she thought it would stop, later realizing she'd been abused badly. From a psychological standpoint, we mustn't forget syndrom's such as "Stockholmes", where victim's become romantically attracted to their abuser. Not saying it applies here, but the mind can do funny things.

Getting punched in the face unexpectedly while having sex, choked and beaten just will never sit well with me.

But I understand what you're trying to convey Links. You want him to have a fair trial..."Innocent until proven guilty", especially regarding the credibility of a few victims now.

I just have a hard time digesting that these women (one a TV personality), would group up and conspire against this guy about very private, embarrassing aspects of their private life. Just my opinion.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 02-05-2016 at 09:48 PM.