Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road
Default Jg

Jian Ghomeshi received emails from woman after alleged attack, court hears - Toronto - CBC News

this is crazy... if he ends up being innocent I hope he gets some reparations....
Old 02-02-2016, 03:58 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

Not guilty and innocent are not necessarily the same thing. It is definitely going to be interesting though to see how this turns out. I guess only JG and the women know for sure if he actually assaulted them or if they allowed/participated in behavior they weren't comfortable with and later felt it was assault.
Old 02-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Hand of Justice

Apparently, in sex ed the are now encouraging sexual consent forms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4568PIRnk just to ensure

Quote:
they allowed/participated in behavior they weren't comfortable with and later felt it was assault
Old 02-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Hand of Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeacefulMoments View Post
Not guilty and innocent are not necessarily the same thing.
Right, so he is basically guilty no matter what?
Old 02-02-2016, 05:28 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Links17 View Post
no that's not what is meant.

Not guilty..he may be guilty but there wasn't enough evidence or time frames have passed.

Innocent..he didn't do anything wrong at all.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:25 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

The onus is on the Crown to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt – an incredibly high standard to meet in a ‘he said, she said’. These complainants will likely have greater success in a civil suit once this case has been finalized.

I’d give him this piece of advice as he moves forward: Although I understand some people are in to it, without previous mutual discussion, most people don’t expect to be choked, or have their heads bashed, when they’ve been invited to tea. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwvrxVavnQ
Old 02-02-2016, 07:19 PM

PeacefulMoments is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I didn't mean he is certainly guilty. Just that being found not guilty does not necessarily mean he was actually totally innocent. I have no idea whether he really blindsided the women with a physical assault or not and I won't presume to judge him or the women either at this point. I am often a little skeptical at historical claims especially against known personalities, but we don't really know as I said if these were true assaults or regrets after unorthodox encounters. Sometimes people get away with things because of who they are and sometimes they are targeted instead.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Hand of Justice

What I mean that even if he is found innocent people are going to say exactly what you said.... The accusers win

I should tell you the story of the feathers one day†
____

Reading this last revelation that the accuser later sent him a bikini shot completely torpedoes her entire story for me...

I don't believe her version, it is probable the guy is an asshole and has no respect for women and the women he find are so stupid and dumb they put with his shit thinking he is going to make them famous rich or something and then when he throws them out (literally) and then doesn't give them any respect they feel used/jilted.

Not every woman, is like the great women on this forums - some are literally looking for the quickest way to make a buck... and for attractive women - a man is sometimes that quick way.

Especially, this woman, separated - still in the same house as her husband, with kids etc... she thinks she "has got it" and JG beats the crap out of her - must have been a metaphorical slap in the face to her and I don't find it hard to believe that she wants to get him back...

Was she consenting to his treatment, I think so. He told her to leave at the end (she didn't volunteer to leave), she doesn't seem to say at any point that she told him to stop etc... Then she waited in the house for the cab....

Next....

I think most likely she is a gold-digger who got screwed.... her case is down the drain IMO

Do women like being hit during sex, punching (never tried) - something less maybe.... Is JG on the far end of that spectrum, maybe....
Old 02-03-2016, 08:39 PM

mcdreamy is on a distinguished road

He won't be found innocent. He'll be found not guilty.

Quote:
I should tell you the story of the feathers one day†
15 separate complainants. Our legal system will fail them, once again, but the feathers will stick to him. So unfortunate that victims of sexual assault can't feel safe in coming forward because our system doesn't support them.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Hand of Justice

The crown completely dropped a few of the accusers because they had NO chance...

Considering that the type of people they are going to trial with so far:
Moron #1: Who does all the things I mentioned in my post
It isn't far fetched to say they are all lying

I have no problem believing this guy was some sort of asshole who treated women like shit and they want revenge....

The feather story

A man found out that another man had committed some fraud in his transactions. He promptly spread the news around town a few weeks later he found out that this was actually false and so he felt guilty and went to visit the person of whom he had spoken.
"How can I make it up to you, I ruined your reputation and the story wasn't even true"
___
The other man responded " Take this bag of feathers and drop one all the way between my house and yours then return back to me picking the feathers back up on the way here"
___
The first man said "Sure, Great!" and left
__
When he returned he told the second who he had slandered - I wasn't able to get back many of the feathers, most of them blew away when I came back...

The second man responded "Well that's what you've done to my reputation and there is no way to repair it"