Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2006, 10:04 AM

w/ohope is on a distinguished road

Like i said before this person left when they found out i was pregnant and renounced all rights to the child. Their name isn't even on the birth certificate.He's been in and out of jail since forever. Yeah i had a kid with this idiot, we all make mistakes, but he didn't want to be a father and i was fine with that. Ten years later he comes back straight out of jail saying "I'm your daddy love me." My child had never met him. knew of him but she has a father. This person has just decided that it might look good on him if the next time he's sentenced he can plead "Please i have a child" . Don't judge me. You know nothing about me. You dont' know what's best for my child.

I'm not an antagonist in this. But i always feared it. Does someone who has been in an out of jail forever have rights to a child just to look like a decent human being? No they don't. And no one can convince me that it's right, biology or not. You don't want your child until it's convienient for you and you think it can keep you out of jail, then you're an idiot. That's just the end of it.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 AM

Divorcemanagement has a spectacular aura aboutDivorcemanagement has a spectacular aura about
Default Judging

I don't think that anyone here has judged you at all - we are merely stating our opinions based on the material that you provided. We also have to balance our opinions with our own individual understanding of the family law system.

Your child's bio-dad may very well be an at-risk person. We have to hope that every at-risk person recovers from the issues that cause them to be at-risk and that they can make the transition to building or rebuilding a relationship with their kids. Shouldn't we aspire to that? Or am I wrong for hoping that everyone, regardless of their past, is redeemable?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:45 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Now were talking idiot vs. convicted felon. w/ohope I don't know what your ex served time for, but I would have concerns about a 10 year old in the care of a felon. Has CAS been involved? If you truly fear for her safety then stop the access or insist on supervised access until he can prove he is rehabilitated.
Closed Thread