Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 08:11 AM

sunday is on a distinguished road
Default health benefits

My ex agreed to put my name on his health benefits for six months ( part of divorce settlement ). The problem is he claims he doesn't know the name of his insurance company. His employer isn't giving any info either. I faxed his compny the court order but to no avail. Two months have gone by and I'm getting no where with this matter.
For 15 years I paid dental, medical, glasses, braces for my kids and I...out of my own pocket.
Anyway, not sure what route to take from here. Should I show my dentist the court order? We have had the same dentist for many years.
I've had enough of my useless lawyer...paid him thousands of dollars for nothing!
Old 05-11-2006, 10:19 AM

Lindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura aboutLindsay has a spectacular aura about

Hi sunday,

Is this a separation agreement or court order? I'm surprised that your court order/separation agreement doesn't set out the name of the insurance company and/or policy number. Are you to provide your ex with your prescription receipts and he is to reimburse you, or was it agreed that you deal with the insurance company directly?

Until this is all figured out, just make sure to keep a detailed account of all medical and dental expenses incurred since the settlement.

Lindsay
Old 05-11-2006, 06:15 PM

Default benefits

Thanks Lyndsay, there are no details written in my divorce settlement. Just that I will be able to use my ex's benefits for six months ( March 09 / 06 - Sept. 09 / 06 ). When the six months is up the benefits are no longer available to me. I'm to file and pay for the divorce!
Old 05-11-2006, 06:18 PM

Default benefits

oops, sorry...court order of the final settlement.
Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 07:03 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Hey Sunday,

Any chance you guys used the same dentist, if so I bet the dentist will have the policy # on file.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:00 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

If your ex is not co-operating on this especially after settlement, bring the matter before the court for disclosure of the insurance company and policy number. Be sure to seek full costs.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy the excuse that he doesn't know the name of the insurance company and policy number. All he has to do is contact his benefits/human resource department of his employer to find out.

LV
Old 05-11-2006, 08:42 PM

Default benefits

Thanks everybody for your input!!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:35 PM

Gwen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
Hey Sunday,

Any chance you guys used the same dentist, if so I bet the dentist will have the policy # on file.
Could the Dentist office not get into trouble with reference to confidentiality issues? If I was the dentist, I wouldn't want to get involved in the middle of this mess!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:14 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

A dentist a similar rules of professional conduct. They would need a waiver from the patient on file to disclose information about another patient.

LV
Old 05-12-2006, 11:47 PM

Default benefits

Thank you again everyone!
I suppose even after 20 years of marriage...gave my ex everything...freedom, education, material things, forgivness, support, my heart and soul, two well behaved children and much more. I do not deserve 6 months of health benefits. I don't understand...I will never understand how a person can use another to the point where there is absolutely nothing left...and then be able to sleep at night!!
Closed Thread