Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 08:56 PM

undersc0re is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
There better be some sort of resolution for grandparents. I can't imagine what I'd do if I were put in a situation where I couldn't see mine. I would fight hard. That reminds me... I should update my thread about my son's new baby situation.
You mean where they couldn't see you?
Old 11-09-2016, 09:11 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

If I couldn't see them. If they couldn't see me. Is there a difference?

Ohhh... if I couldn't see my grandchildren. Did I word that wrong?
Old 11-10-2016, 08:34 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
There better be some sort of resolution for grandparents.
There already is. It is called the CLRA. (in Ontario)

Quote:
I can't imagine what I'd do if I were put in a situation where I couldn't see mine.
That would be a conversation between you and your child who was withholding their child from you. Not a legal battle. If that child was deceased then you would file for access in accordance with the CLRA.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:49 AM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

I totally understand your points. It just sucks so bad for the kids to be deprived of access to grandparents, who are probably one of the most significant forms of stability and unconditional love, especially when parents are quarrelling.

The custody piece I totally get, but it may be beneficial to the kids to maintain ongoing contact with surrounding family (especially grandparents) to facilitate optimal emotional development, coping strategies, stability and general happiness.

On the other hand, I understand the confusion and turbulence this would cause the courts.

In my situation, Tayken's correct .. I should have never been put in that situation in the first place, but I was. But I was..and so was the rest of my family. My mom is still very affected by the abduction .. and at times I feel guilty because it was my relationship.