Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 PM

frustrated11 is on a distinguished road
Default FRO question

Have advised FRO that I am doing a motion to vary, faxed them any papers that they need to see that it is adjourned to another date. I haven't be able to make my full monthly payments due to no income coming in. FRO sent a garnishee letter to the federal govt who says that now that I am showing these arrears, any money owed to me by them will be sent to FRO, and also that I will owe them over 5 year a sum of around $200 dollars. Now what happens if I get a positive outcome from the motion to vary and everything goes retro, garnishee amount is no longer owed, FRO sends letter to Gov't advising them this. Who is responsible for this extra money to be paid to Federal Govt. Shouldn't FRO have waited until they were advised about either a positive or negative outcome of the motion?

any thoughts, do I call their legal department and pose this question?
Old 06-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Suchislife is on a distinguished road

FRO doesn't wait for court dates.
If you're in arrears and they choose the enforcement action of a Federal Deduction Order then that's their route to recoup the monies.

I'm presuming you are referring to administration fees when you say 'the sum of $200". Your fees will have to be paid after the arrears are sorted.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM

frustrated11 is on a distinguished road

an added note, not even $2500 in arrears and now received 1st notice to suspend drivers license, I have been making some payments mostly borrowing the money, any ideas. I will be filing a refraining motion so it hopefully will give me a few months. CC coming up, cross fingers it goes retro or at least partially
Closed Thread